Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   rip ir or leave it??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/rip-ir-leave-t275015.html)

Daylesewblessed 01-26-2016 12:06 PM

I think it looks fine -- leave it as it is. That puppy is so cute!

bearisgray 01-26-2016 12:39 PM

Cute design. There is one spot that l

Sharonquilts 01-26-2016 12:50 PM

Adorable quilt. You are better with applique than I am. But to be honest, I would rip out the section that doesn't line up (like on the tail). Keep practicing. Yours look much, much better than mine. Sometimes I try too hard and make it worse. Ha.

zozee 01-26-2016 01:00 PM

It all looks fine except that one spot that others have mentioned. It's still not terrible, by any means. But I would carefully rip out that small section where tail meets body, and try to line it up with the rest of that curve. For stitches that tight and thick, I find a razor blade does the best job. Sharp and easy to control, and can slice thru many threads at once. Be very careful, though.

Tartan 01-26-2016 01:54 PM

It is harder to appliqué stitch over a pieced backing. He looks pretty darn cute in the picture. Up to you if you try to fix the one spot that's bothering you but I try not to redo satin stitching because the needle punctures weaken the background fabric in my opinion.

suern3 01-26-2016 03:37 PM

I think this such a cute quilt! I love your piecing and fabric choices. Your puppy is cute as can be and I would not try to change any of the satin stitching. I agree with Tartan as far as trying to redo satin stitching. I tried taking some out once and it was very difficult and turned into kind of a mess. The over-all look of your quilt is so cute just as it is.

BTW Quiltinglady, I have learned to like doing machine applique and have done quite a bit in quilts and wall hangings, etc, but never with satin stitch since that first experience, LOL. Usually do fusible with button hole stitch on my machine or a simple raw edge. There are so many ways to applique.

Material Witness 01-26-2016 05:41 PM

Very nice. No, don't worry about those tiny character memos. Looks great!

dluvs2quilt 01-26-2016 05:50 PM

I would leave it alone. I love your puppy he is so cute!!

letawellman 01-26-2016 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess (Post 7446351)
Cute, cute, cute! I also would not rip anything out, but probably would go over the area where the tail meets the body in the middle picture to even it up & make sure that edge is secured.

I agree completely. That one place where the tail and body join - I would look very closely at that and maybe do some more over-stitching, as once this is washed, if you didn't get an edge secured well, it will fray and fuzz up. Which would not necessarily be a bad thing, if it was intentional (would possibly look like the dog's fur maybe?).

Anyway, I would not rip. And yes, it is definitely cute, cute, CUTE!!

jbj137 01-26-2016 07:06 PM

*** It is pretty - leave it alone.