Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Seasonal quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/seasonal-quilts-t230340.html)

Butterfli19 09-16-2013 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by mighty (Post 6297205)
Just start making some wall hangings. Made a twister wreath for Christmas, and a Mr October for halloween.

A "Mr. October"? Intriguing ... lol

GailG 09-16-2013 06:27 PM

I know this will sound peculiar, but after 33 years of holiday bulletin boards (that I loved doing when I was doing it!), I can't bring myself to do holiday anything. I love traditional patterns and try to think of them with great fabric combinations.

Akweiland 09-16-2013 06:34 PM

I second that!!! Love both of them!

QUOTE=grammy of 6;6296804]Donnajean, You have done some beautiful work![/QUOTE]

dottiequilts 09-17-2013 05:10 AM

I love different holiday quilts. My passion right now is hand embroidery mixed in with quilts blocks. I have four of the Crabapple Hill Halloween quilts done and out, as well as a pumpkin quilt that carries me through Thanksgiving. For the past four years I have been making embroidery patterns out of my DFIL's childhood valentines. The first quilt was redwork and the last one I also incorporated crayon tinting with the embroidery. Christmas and Easter each have a couple quilts to represent the holiday and I leave my patriotic quilts out from Memorial Day to Labor Day. After Christmas I bring out the snowmen quilts. Each season also has a tote bag to represent it. Changing things around makes life interesting and celebrating the holidays and seasons in these small ways makes time slow down a bit--now that I'm over 60 it is speeding up! Besides unpacking those quilts after a year is like reacquainting yourself with an old friend.

calabella 09-17-2013 05:11 AM

I just love your halloween quilt. Love the cobweb! Did you get this pattern online?

nonda 09-17-2013 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by OKLAHOMA PEACH (Post 6297236)
They are on the to do list, am now making purse bottoms for different seasons and OU football and Thunder basketball. I made the purse out of Simplicity #2676, love it, but next one will add a zipper compartment.

Do you make these for sale?????? I would love to see them with your prices! I live just north of OKC :)

donnajean 09-17-2013 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by calabella (Post 6298626)
I just love your halloween quilt. Love the cobweb! Did you get this pattern online?

I added the spider & cobweb. The pattern is Goulish Fantasy by Pine Tree Lodge. I think I made that quilt at least 10 yrs.. ago. I think I still have the pattern if you want to PM me.

WMUTeach 09-17-2013 06:30 AM

Although I have a few seasonal quilts, I made them because they were exchange blocks from my guild. I prefer to make quilts that complement my home and reflect me rather than the season. As #1 piecemaker, I have some small items that are seasonal that are decorative quilted items.

Tiggersmom 09-17-2013 08:46 AM

I have all seasons.......some finished, some still need work or are in the planning stages. Since Christmas is only a month long I have a 'winter' wall hanging. I'm making more table runners and placemats for each season. Can't have too many! jmho...:D

Jennifer

ps: donnajean, can I steal your idea for your Christmas wall hanging? Love it!

asimplelife 09-17-2013 09:40 AM

I am looking forward to making more seasonal quilted items, I love having my surfaces decorated with small quilts and a couple of lap quilts too. Christmas, winter, Valentines, Easter, spring/summer, 4th of July, Halloween and fall would be on my list.