Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Seasonal quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/seasonal-quilts-t230340.html)

IBQLTN 09-17-2013 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by maminstl (Post 6297472)
I am the anti-theme quilt girl. I see cute fabrics, but I don't decorate for anything, and unlikely to start, so I pass it all right by. Of course, I could change my attitude at any time if a project really grabs me. Right now I keep seeing this quilt that looks like a big present that appeals to me. Thinking about it, maybe I should make something that looks like a Christmas tree, then just hang it up on Christmas Eve when I have family over.

You could always make the present quilt you saw for a birthday or mother's day or something like that!

MargeD 09-17-2013 11:32 AM

I make seasonal wall hangings, table runners, placemats, and for just about every holiday. Maybe it's because I used to make them for my church's annual Holiday Fair, however, I like to change things out, although I admit to maybe more Christmas and fall, but I make lots of the others too, now mostly for me and gifts.

DonnaPBradshaw 09-17-2013 12:09 PM

I have gone overboard I'm sure with table runners, but here is what my goal is, to make a table runner for every week of the year. I'm almost there with about 37 to date. I have them in see through containers and labeled so I can easily get to them. My husband thinks I'm a little crazy but I'm not worried one bit!

kwiltkrazy 09-17-2013 12:33 PM

The halloween WH's are spooktacular.

Rose_P 09-17-2013 02:08 PM

I have made several table runners. A Christmas one flips to one for patriotic holidays, and another Christmas one (breakfast room table) flips to Thanksgiving. There's one with Easter appliques that has just a plain floral back. Another fall/Thanksgiving one flips to Halloween fabric. They are fun to make and are good as hostess gifts, too.

IBQUILTIN 09-17-2013 03:30 PM

I have two large quilt hangers in my living room, and I try to change out my quilts on them with the seasons or any other special thing that suits my fancy

mimiof4 09-17-2013 03:57 PM

Well I have a fall maple leaf quilt, I have a Christmas log cabin, I have a pink and purple Irish chain we use it at Easter, I have springy flowery quilts yep I make seasonal quilts, now though we use them at church to put on the piano during that particular season.

nanacc 09-17-2013 04:24 PM

I make all kinds of holiday and seasonal quilts and wall hangings for my DD and her family. Seems like almost all of my quilts go to them. But that's what I enjoy! When I make a baby quilt, I like to design them to depict the holiday or season of their birth.

RugosaB 09-17-2013 06:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a quilt hanger in my family room that I change every month. If there's a holiday in that month, the wall hanging if holiday themed.
September is just apples

NUBQ 09-17-2013 08:06 PM

Donnajean ............. OMGosh!! Love the Halloween quilt!! Of course, always love seeing the Christmas quilts,
Good job on both...