Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   sewing room looks like a Quilt Shop! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-room-looks-like-quilt-shop-t44055.html)

barbgooch 05-01-2010 06:08 AM

[quote=grandma Janice][quote=barbgooch

great room, somehow your sign seems funny, too bad your sewing room isn't upstairs, then you could say "I'm in heaven, come on up"[/quote]

Thanks. That's the irony of the sign. Though it's "down"stairs, I'm really "up" in heaven when I sew.

LBryan13790 05-01-2010 06:17 AM

Having several WIP just gives something to look forward to at the end of a long work day.

There is always something that is Just Right to quilt that will smooth out the wrinkles from the rest of the day! (no pun intended) :wink:

nanna 05-01-2010 11:13 AM

You found just the right words to say it- I always feel a BIG HUG when I go in. Even if I left a big mess from the time before, my sewing room still has a HUG for me.

lazyquilter 05-01-2010 11:51 AM

I love fabric. I purchased a great deal when the fabric shop closed down last year and as the pricing dropped my stack went up. I will also buy specific fabric on line that I like. When I get it and see how much more beautiful it was, I know right then that it will disappear fast, so I blow my fabric buget and order a second lot. I do try to use my fabrics from my stash before I even consider buying for a project. I know the colors on some project sheets can catch your eye and make you want to make the pattern, but I look at the pattern and then pull fabrics from my collection first and then see if I need to find anything that I would really need or want to fill in. Then I will go out to the fabric shop that's about 35 to 40 minutes from me and see what I can find. I will also go through and rearange my fabrics to make sure I haven't buried several pieces and I try to make sure they are in some type of a color path. Since I may not be able to quilt up a storm for a particular charity, I will make it a point to donate fabric to the guild that is doing all the work and I feel as I am at least trying to help. But for the most part, I love good fabric and I really like to work with it. It's great when my seams match up most some of the time, but perfection cannot take the place of the joy in making it.

Blue

deeg 05-01-2010 01:26 PM

I have collected over the years and need to use it. I could open my own fabric shop. Just need to get more motivated to sew quilts for those grandbabies.

sztreasures 05-04-2010 02:04 AM

I like this reason! Let's put our money to good use-invest! In fabric! At least we can SEE where our money is going!

RugosaB 05-05-2010 12:08 PM

You know, if you keep your fabric along an outside wall of your house, it's no longr just fabric, it's insulation!

cindyjean 05-06-2010 05:30 AM

Love the insulation idea!!! Quilters are so smart. LOL

Ditter43 05-06-2010 05:45 AM

Well, the prices keep going up so it's survival mode....we need a stockpile to work from ....It will actually save us money in the long run......Besides...if I ever get more fabric then my husband has fishing supplies, then I will worry! :lol:

Ditter

Bobbinwinder 05-06-2010 07:10 AM

I'm thrilled for barbgooch that she's in the basement....with that much weight can you imagine what might happen if "heaven" was UPSTAIRS!!!!!!! I have a stash and I add to it often...and I don't have to use it to enjoy it...some of it I can't even locate since I had to move it out of the house to DH's shop for a major remodel...but I know it's there and waiting for me when I'm ready to dig it out!