Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   sewing room looks like a Quilt Shop! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-room-looks-like-quilt-shop-t44055.html)

WLee 04-29-2010 08:07 PM

Me, too!! WLee

WLee 04-29-2010 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by steelecg
I look at it as my jewelry collection since I don't buy those things. Works for me

Me, too! I just love looking at all of it, putting colors together and imagining all the wonderful quilts I will make! Truly, I don't feel guilty, because I work hard for the money I spend on fabric and most of my earnings go for bills, anyway! So, when I get flack from my DH about it, I just ignore it! He so easily forgets his garage full of tools!!

eleu16 04-30-2010 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mamagus
I live SO far from a quilt shop that when I get to one I HAVE to stock up... it saves money in the long run... spend $$$$$ when I am there so I don't have to spend $$ to go back when I need something!

Sound plausible? I might use it on DH someday!

I would do the same....but I'm in the lucky situation that I have 5 Quiltshops in a radius not more than 10 miles.Am I in quilt heaven ???? :wink:

jemcnutt 04-30-2010 06:43 AM

When stacked in cabinets against an outside wall, my stash makes great insulation!!

Bev 04-30-2010 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by jemcnutt
When stacked in cabinets against an outside wall, my stash makes great insulation!!

That's got to help save on energy bills!

;)

pollyjvan9 04-30-2010 07:09 AM

Like so many things, if you like it and can afford to buy some of it, go ahead! Because when you want it it will all be gone. My stash is at the point now that when I start a new quilt I go there first and then buy what I need to finish. Of course, there is always something else on sale or that I simply love and can't resist!

mar32428 04-30-2010 07:16 AM

Have you ever ask a painter how much paint he has or how many canvases? And a golfer. How many clubs and balls? A scrapbooking lover how much paper etc? Your husband, how many tools?

So why do people go bananas when they see our fabric? It goes with the territory.

Took my DH to a fabric shop opening one time that was jammed with shoppers. He finally realized I'm not the only one.

Boston1954 04-30-2010 08:03 AM

When I start a new project on a cold winter night, I want to know that I will have enough choices, especially if it is going to be scrappy.

Gerbie 04-30-2010 08:22 AM

Gosh Barb, I thought I had a lot, and maybe too much, but I can't begin to compete with all of yours, Where do you have room to sew, I wouldn't be able to remember what I might have if I wanted to start a new quilt with that much fab. You can open your own Quilt Shop, called precut Fab. I love it. thanks for showing just part of your stash, and I mean STASH!!

sewjean 04-30-2010 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by mar32428
Have you ever ask a painter how much paint he has or how many canvases? And a golfer. How many clubs and balls? A scrapbooking lover how much paper etc? Your husband, how many tools?

So why do people go bananas when they see our fabric? It goes with the territory.

Took my DH to a fabric shop opening one time that was jammed with shoppers. He finally realized I'm not the only one.

You are right. Is that another topic? lol

My niece was shownig me her home after a fire and remodeled It is beautiful and a few places were well stocked with scrapbooking supplies!(brm, living room, closet upsatairs, spare brm upstairs). So quilters are not the only ones with rooms of well stocked hobbies. I go in my sewing room to feel, touch the fabrics to just think what I want to do with it later. Its just a feel good moment! I do thank all of the sewers that have shared their rooms with us.