Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Should I? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/should-i-t213677.html)

QuiltnNan 02-12-2013 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 5856895)
I would look through my stash and see if I needed any backs for my quilt UFOs. Backs don't count on fabric moratoriums, right? Buy 1 get 2 free is too good to pass up for me!

this was my first thought, too :) :)

Marycumi 02-12-2013 01:53 PM

Buy 1 get 2 free? Quilt Backs!!!

ArtsyOne 02-12-2013 02:31 PM

You need to ask? Even if I had to borrow the money until payday, this is a good deal if they're selling the first yard at their regular price and then adding an additional two yards for nothing. I'm no math whiz, but isn't that like getting a 66% discount?

meldmac 02-12-2013 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5856964)
Thanks for the tip, MeldMac ... if you "need" it, it's a great deal. If you don't and it's "inventory" then, perhaps stick with your moratorium.

I'm starting to think of my backing for my PC quilt, so this could be a good deal ....... IF I can find something I like.

How long is the sale on for?
And ... is this at Southern Ontario Fabriclands?

I am in Winnipeg but if you are a member do they send you emails for sales? Not sure if all of them have the sale going, it is on until Fen 14 here.

QuiltE 02-12-2013 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by meldmac (Post 5857243)
I am in Winnipeg but if you are a member do they send you emails for sales? Not sure if all of them have the sale going, it is on until Fen 14 here.

Thanks MeldMac ... I called the two closest FLands to me ... both have a few of buy 1 get 2 free, but it doesn't sound like many. Wonder if they had it here earlier? and what is there now, might be what is leftover from the sale?

I'm currently not a member, so not haven't been getting the emails. Wasn't in the store the first month or two of the new year .... and I resent paying for a full year, later on. I don't understand why they don't pro-rate after a few months.

isewman 02-12-2013 03:34 PM

I agree with Carolinepaj. BUY-BUY-BUY. Me and my wife, are going on my quilt guild bus trip, in April. And I told the wife, I'm not on planing on buying fabric. Just tool & notion. I know what will happen. I'll buy fabric. And I really dont need more fabric. Don-isewman

Lori S 02-12-2013 04:34 PM

I would take par tin the sale ... but I would make a list of colors, themes, or otherwise area of the stash that need some addtions to work into quilt. Make the list ... if you can't come up with a list... than thats a good sign not to participate.

dunster 02-12-2013 04:43 PM

Not sure what you mean by you promised your oh, but to me a promise is a promise. I would talk to the person I made the promise to and see if we could come to some agreement, but if not then get busy finishing that quilt you're working on.

susie-susie-susie 02-12-2013 04:59 PM

I would buy some fabric. As much as I could afford. After all, free is free. That is great for backings since they usually take so much fabric. Go for it.
Sue

rebeljane 02-13-2013 06:03 AM

To good a deal to pass up - go for it!