Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   sigh.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sigh-t249564.html)

caspharm 07-06-2014 08:56 AM

Patience! It sounds like you have it in hand. Can't wait to see the finished project!

MargeD 07-06-2014 10:40 AM

I think we've all been there and done that at some point in our quilting journey. Sorry, sounds like a great project, even if you do have to back up and start again. I applaud what you've done so far - it's encouraging to step outside our comfort zone now and again.

blondeslave 07-06-2014 11:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'll see if I can attach a picture of what I'm aiming for. There will be a white on whitborder followed by the wedge border then another white on white border and finally a 6" final border of this beautiful batik that has a brown background but includes every color in the quilt. I got the top wedge border put together today and need to figure out the width of the first white on white border. You're only seeing part of the panel. Forgot to add. There was a stain on the panel that wouldn't wash out so I appliqued the heart over it. First time I ever appliqued something. I could have made this project so much easier...

Halo 07-06-2014 11:34 AM

You are doing great on it & a great save. You will find, as time goes by, that there will be lots of oops in quilting. Sometimes you can grin & bear it & finish the quilt or make a design change. Other times you just can't let it go & rip & fix it.

leighway 07-06-2014 02:47 PM

I'm sorry you got bumfuzzled by the pattern but I share your love of Bassets and wanted to thank you for helping the rescue. Doug, the Basset is my avatar and we'll be going for a little rescued girl Basset sometime this next year.

oldtisme 07-06-2014 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper (Post 6787054)
Oh my, too bad. Maybe as Dina said, a design choice?

Son rescued two boxer/bassett mixes. Siblings. Very adorable.

Thank you son for me for 1 Adopting 2 For adopting sibs and 3 I have 3 Boxers myself they are a wonderful breed and love children. :thumbup:

oldtisme 07-06-2014 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by blondeslave (Post 6787904)
Missouri Star intermediate level wedge quilt tutorial.

Thanks I was going to go on the hunt to find such a tute, now I know where to look :thumbup:

mjhaess 07-07-2014 06:23 AM

Sounds like a lesson learned...All of us has done such things as this..Don't be too hard on yourself...

roserips 07-07-2014 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Weezy Rider (Post 6787391)
They aren't triangles, they are volcanos. Mt. Fuji doesn't come to a point.

Weezy I really like your attitude! Same with Mt. St Hellenes in WA. she blew her points off in the '80's and is now a flat top!

JoyceHoopes 07-07-2014 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Weezy Rider (Post 6787391)
They aren't triangles, they are volcanos. Mt. Fuji doesn't come to a point.

Love that :p Joyce in Delaware