Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Stitchers mini quilt room...got one? :) Bet you do! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/stitchers-mini-quilt-room-got-one-bet-you-do-t248769.html)

Diannia 06-20-2014 01:07 PM

I carry charms and a yo-yo maker, thread, needle and scissors in a small plastic pencil type case. I only need to make 500 or so yo-yo's...lol.

Auntie V 06-20-2014 02:46 PM

I purchased a new pet carrier (cardboard box type) from a rescue shelter for my travel box. Then I covered it with contact paper and reinforced the handles. I have the same shaped box in a smaller size that was sold as a temp cooler. It holds my colored pencil collection Best $3.00 (each) I ever spent. My current quilt magazines are housed in a large laundry detergent box covered with the same contact paper.

I always try to figure out a use for any type container that I empty. Some pillow cases or napkins came in those clear zipper bags. I use those for my notions bags. My binder clips are in international coffee plastic boxes. Old eye glasses cases work great for protecting scissors and a hard case holds my sewing machine needles.

jo bauer 06-20-2014 10:07 PM

I loooove the little houses! (and the Worther's O.) Sadly, I don't know if I'd have the patience to do that kind of hand piecing any more. Post when you have it finished, please. I just use the zip locks except when I'm taking a class. Then I need larger pieces of fabric, mats, cutters, etc. I keep cloth tote bags I save from quilt shows, craft shows and such. Before stuff got so expensive dealers used to put your purchases in them. Now I have a to-go bag for classes, too. Admittedly, don't often take a class anymore unless I want to learn a new technique, try a complex pattern, or just socialize.

zennia 06-21-2014 02:20 AM

I like to scout out old tins & baskets at yard sales to use. I recently found a tin box with handles that came in real handy for transporting my hand work.
Love your houses.

Julienm1 06-21-2014 03:52 AM

I have a tiny and I mean tiny wicker picnic basket that I keep my stuff I need for when I'm sewing bindings. Has needles thread nippers, clover clips needle puller, and thimble. All there just waiting for me to grab it and sit watching tv while I finish a quilt.

lclang 06-21-2014 04:03 AM

The Swiffer containers with clear lids are good too and you can see at a glance what you have in them.

molly oldham 06-21-2014 04:29 AM

Well, mine certainly doesn't look like yours but I do have supplies to go for yo yos. Your have inspired me!

IrishgalfromNJ 06-21-2014 04:38 AM

My take along is knitting or crocheting. All I need is a bag, my needles or hook, yarn and mini scissors. Granny squares make great carry along projects and knitted hats are also easy to take.

solstice3 06-21-2014 04:44 AM

I haven't consolidated that much yet...mine is usually in one of the cloth grocery bags. When possible I down size to a 31 keep it caddy

Sewflower 06-21-2014 05:59 AM

I have a little travel bag that is nothing fancy. I would love to have one like yours KalamaQuilts. Would you mind telling me where you got it at?