Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   This stunned me a bit (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/stunned-me-bit-t36065.html)

Rose Marie 02-05-2010 09:18 AM

Ask her if she rides a horse to work. There used to be a pony express for mail too.

littlehud 02-05-2010 09:20 AM

She is welcomed to her opinion but she doesn't need to force it on everyone else. They are both quilting to me.

lfw045 02-05-2010 09:41 AM

You're better than me...LOL. I would have been inclined to ask her how many quilts has she made and did she hand quilt them?.....but then....I would have sunk to her level I guess.....definitely would not have wanted to do that.

Charlee 02-05-2010 09:51 AM

How dare she force her opinion on you?? That's just plain rude, crude, and socially unacceptable!! To try to make you feel bad about something you've made is seriously wrong, and the woman has mental issues with her own feelings of security!

JanetM 02-05-2010 09:57 AM

I'm sorry you ran into such a rude woman, but don't let her words hurt your feelings.

I've heard of some hand quilters that look down their noses at machine quilters, but I think they are few and far between. There are also a few that critisize longarm quilters as not being real quilters. Everyone has their opinion I guess.

Fortunately, you are a member of this group where we celebrate all quilts and the members that make them.

I really admire quilters that quilt by hand because I appreciate the time and practice necessary to perfect their stitching, and the patience to work on a quilt for months or years.

Some of us are unable (medical reasons) to do a lot of handwork, or just can't devote the time to do hand quilting so we use our machines. The goal is to create a beautiful quilt and whatever means you use...it is still quilting.

ScrapQuilter 02-05-2010 09:57 AM

Like someone mentioned........ they were blocks only and not yet put into a quilt... If she knew anything about quilting she whould have knowen that they would not have been quilted at this point........... Dahhhhhhh where is that stamp marked stoopid?????

weezie 02-05-2010 10:01 AM

She is an ignoramus. If they were quilt blocks, they would be pieced but not yet quilted.

Which begs the question: Are stupid people too stupid to know that they are stupid?

Deb watkins 02-05-2010 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by weezie
She is an ignoramus. If they were quilt blocks, they would be pieced but not yet quilted.

Which begs the question: Are stupid people too stupid to know that they are stupid?

Love your statement. I do feel better and I knew all of you would know where I was coming from.

Deb watkins 02-05-2010 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Rose Marie
Ask her if she rides a horse to work. There used to be a pony express for mail too.

Isn't there a statement to the effect of, "Do you walk to work or carry your lunch?"

nativetexan 02-05-2010 10:27 AM

Just "thunk" her on the head with the palm of your hand like in the commercials about people who dont' eat their vegetables!