Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   for those of you that paper piece.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/those-you-paper-piece-t20405.html)

SaraSewing 05-27-2009 03:43 PM

weezie, that's a great idea!

South MS Quilter 05-27-2009 04:24 PM

I use 16 pound typing paper. You can usually find it at an office supply store. It works very well in a copier so you don't have to trace your pattern. Also, it is very easy to remove.

elkridgequilter 05-27-2009 04:59 PM

I use the Carol Doak paper or cheap printer paper and print my foundations on my printer. I have great luck tearing both away. Recently I was out of state for an extended period because my son was in an accident and hospitalized. I ran out of handwork. I went to the local quilt shop and bought a couple of kits. They were paper piecing but I had no sewing machine in the ICU. I hand pieced the paper pieced blocks. I found water soluble foundation paper at the same quilt shop. I worked very well since I did not have to pull on my delicate hand stitches to get rid of my foundation paper. (Fortunately my son is now fine :-) ).

GailG 05-29-2009 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by azam
Try newsprint paper, you can purchase it at a school supply. I'm not sure if they carry it at an office supply store. I suppose you can call and find out. Hope this helps!!!

For my classroom, I used to get roll ends of newprint at the local newpaper office. They gave it to schools, and perhaps charged a minimal fee to others.

GailG 05-29-2009 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter

Originally Posted by loves2quilt
now Im tracing that pattern onto freezer paper...very tedious...there are 4 blocks to make one block, and you need 20 blocks, so I need to trace that template..80 times!!

Why don't you get the freezer paper in 8.5x11 sheets and run it through the printer? I would either create a template page on a computer paint type/graphics program or print the pattern off an existing pattern file (pdf).

Freezer paper in 8.5 X 11 inch sheets? Where to you find that??

judyjo 05-30-2009 10:02 AM

I print the patterns on regular printer paper. I don't have a scanner. I'm usually printing the patterns from one of many sites I've found that offer free patterns.

judyjo

kluedesigns 05-30-2009 01:06 PM

you can buy letter size freezer paper online at a couple of online quilt shops or your LQS might carry it

GailG 05-31-2009 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
you can buy letter size freezer paper online at a couple of online quilt shops or your LQS might carry it

Thanks, Sweetie.

Nikki 09-05-2011 03:54 PM

i found vellum papera at the office supply store the other day in a pack of 50 sheets for cheaper than my quilt store can sell 20. was looking for the cheap copy paper but no luch. the vellum was $13, thought that was reasonable.

Hobicat 08-25-2012 03:47 PM

I am new to paper piecing and tried J Tailor sheets. They are supposed to work with copiers and printers, but I have had no luck with copiers or printers. Does anyone have any ideas to get it to work?