Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Tip toe through the hexagons Cutie style! Cutting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tip-toe-through-hexagons-cutie-style-cutting-t35685.html)

cutebuns 02-02-2010 05:53 AM

Thank you K! Of course it would be a bit easier in person but thanks to didgital cameras etc it isn't so bad. You are welcome everyone. It is a lot of fun helping you all!

Esqmommy 02-02-2010 05:54 AM

Okay, got my two stacks and will cut later today. I still have to decide how big to go. It's a large print, but I don't think I should go more than 3 1/2. What do you think cutie? Do you remember my fabric? It's asian with creamy chyrsanthemums and gold, and black background.

mimisharon 02-02-2010 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by amma
I cut out one of the strips, I cut them down to 2 1/2" X 22"
***doesn't that surprise you cutebuns :shock: LMBO***
and I ended up with 13 blocks
I just had to see what they looked like, so here are a few that I have pics of. All 13 blocks are in it's own paper plate.
I will finish cutting up the rest of the strips tomorrow :D:D:D

VERY BEEEUUUUUUUUTTTIIIIFFFFFFUUUULLLLL my Amma! Now to figure out the size I want to make mine so I can cut the strips before I go to the shop to finish up with my friend before tomorrow!

Y'all stayed up way late, huh? I woke to early yesterday. This quitting smoking is causing my body and whole system to go into new ugliness.

Bird just flew into and hit my window. Good thing I don't believe in omens. But back to the wonderful tute!
Hugs, y'all

cutebuns 02-02-2010 05:56 AM

The first one is the hardest. After this you will have a better understanding what you are looking for in a print. And how it shows once cut. It is amazing that it looks nothing like itself once it is put together. For those that won't have any fabric left you will be happy you have a picture to remind you what the fabric looked like to start with.

Esqmommy 02-02-2010 05:58 AM

Hey Mimisharon. Birds are constantly hitting the windows at my office building. If the omens were true, everyone in my building (300 people) would be affected at least once or twice a month...nothing happens, so it's a wives-tale.

Good for you for quitting smoking. It's the hardest, and one of the BEST things you will ever do. I wish you much success with your endeavor!

cutebuns 02-02-2010 05:58 AM

Sharon, great job quoting smoking! Time zones and all that. Plus I am a night owl so it was an earlier night for me than some.

mimisharon 02-02-2010 06:01 AM

OK, getting a clearer understanding. With my large print I still only want to go 3 1/2 to 3 3/4 at the largest, right?

I'll look at the shop today to see if there is a better rule, but I'm thinking my quilt in a day will work. I'll measure it first.

I'm really excited by this, Cute, you are building my confidence with each step! Hugs

cutebuns 02-02-2010 06:02 AM

Esqmommy, if you put the tip of the 60 triangle on your fabric. It will give you an idea what you will see. I think it is a good size.

cutebuns 02-02-2010 06:06 AM

What you are looking to do is cut the colors sort of in sections. So that some of your pieces will look light blue. Others a darker blue. And a bunch varying shades in between depending how much of the light and darker colors you get. Cut to big and the color differences won't show as well. I find cutting smaller is easier. Just gives you more pieces to put together. Watching them all go together is a lot of fun though. That is the most adicting part.

cutebuns 02-02-2010 06:07 AM

With the quilt in a day ruler do you need 4 or 6 pieces to make a block?