Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Tip toe through the hexagons Cutie style! Cutting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tip-toe-through-hexagons-cutie-style-cutting-t35685.html)

cutebuns 02-03-2010 10:55 AM

after cutting your repeats and getting your stack of 6, I would probably cut them around 2 7/8, that way you will get at 5 strips per stack, if you cut three at 25 inch repeat, you may be a hair short for the 5th if you are off any on your cuts. it will still be close, you will have to be pretty accurate,

cutebuns 02-03-2010 11:10 AM

Just a reminder, find where the start of what will be the edge of your repeat and count out 6 of them, add an inch to make sure and cut the remaining fabric off if you have lots of extra, if the repeat is 25 inches and you have 6 yards (18 feet) you will get 6 repeats equals 12 1/2' approx, you don't need to split in half if you don't want to, then you can use it how ever you would like for boarders or another project,

luvrazz 02-03-2010 02:18 PM

I have been following along and I don't have the book...
I went out to find fabric today and the one that I liked had a 24" repeat. When I looked at the book at the quilt shop it said I would need 4 yards of fabric to get 6 repeats. How many lap quilts will I get out of that much fabric.

By the way it looks like everyone is doing so well I thought I have to do this too...

I am new here...

Nina in Lakeside, CA

cutebuns 02-03-2010 02:28 PM

I would buy a few extra inches for crooked cutting etc, but that is correct, here is the match, 24'(2 feet) x 6 for your repeats equals 144" (12 feet = 4 yards) depending on layout and borders, you could probably get 2 laps out of it. (depends on the lap size as well)

mimisharon 02-03-2010 03:58 PM

Wow, y'all have really been going to it today! We had over 70 shop hoppers come in before I left at 5:30. I'm on my bed and not likely to move this night. I'm whooped! The blocks are all so interesting looking, all of you!!!

If I get an energy spurt I may go cut the other half of mine. So hoping I get an energy spurt. :shock:

cutebuns 02-03-2010 04:02 PM

Mon I will be starting a new thread and going through putting them together, I played with the idea of doing it now, but this will give the people that want to keep up a chance to get theirs cut, so the plan of Mon is sticking.

mimisharon 02-03-2010 04:29 PM

thank you, Cute, don't want to get to far behind and lose heart. I'll be better tomorrow cause I'm going on the hop and then come home and cut, cut, cut! :lol:

BKinCO 02-03-2010 05:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
OK, I have cut one side of my fabric. It's looking right to me :) AND, yes, I do believe the most stressful part was figuring out the repeats and how big to make the triangles...the cutting was super easy....

cutebuns 02-03-2010 05:08 PM

Those look awesome! I can't wait to see more of them,

burnsk 02-03-2010 05:22 PM

You've probably already addressed this and I just missed it, but is a striped fabric good or bad to use? I have a wide floral stripe to do a OBW from another book and maybe I could use it for this. I'll dig it out and take a picture for you to see it and recommend "yes" or "no". You're doing a great job on this.