Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   TV shows on quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tv-shows-quilting-t41977.html)

Jingle 04-09-2010 04:51 AM

If I run across a quilt show I will watch it, I usually don't, I only watch TV after 8PM. I have never learned anything from watching a quilt show, they are entertaining.

laurilli 04-09-2010 05:10 AM

I am going to have to try & find some of the other shows you have listed here. I miss Simply Quilts & El Burns they took them off my channels, I'll see if I can find El on 345 Don't know if I get that one. I also miss Carol Duval, she did alot of different crafty projects and showed projects & tips sent in by viewers. I only have dail up, so I can't watch any of the internet shows. BOO!

LINANN 04-09-2010 05:25 AM

I am in North Jersey. I get the Create channel. It is channel 133 here. They have Sewing with Nancy. When I found this channel in the fall of 08 they had Fons and Porter and a few others. Now they are all off. I emailed and requested to get them back many times. No response. I haven't seen many quilt shows, but I thought Fons and Porter were very clear and helpful.

ShowMama 04-09-2010 06:18 AM

Most Sunday afternoons one of our local PBS stations has about 4-5 quilting/sewing shows in a row (Fons & Porter, Nancy Zieman, Sue Hausman, Martha Pullen, etc), except for those weekends when they are running their donation drives. I can spend the whole afternoon watching those while I sew, and it's great!

cjaye44 04-09-2010 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
I am thinking of paying 34.99 to Join F&P qnn.tv. They have shows 24/7. Also get magazine and other coupons from sponsors. YOu can go on qnn.tv and watch their free shows too.

I joined this for a year but decided not to renew. The small screen video was clear but really too small to see what they were doing. When I went to the full screen option, the picture was so grainy it hurt my eyes to watch it. I called their number and explained my problem and was told there had been a lot of complaints about that. Evidently it's the quality of their video equipment and there are no plans to change it. I thought it might be my screen resolution but they said not.

pollyjvan9 04-09-2010 06:31 AM

stitchinwitch, are you talking about Sue Hausman. Her voice and manner is so irratating to me I can't watch her. She never lets anyone finish a sentence.

joellenc 04-09-2010 06:45 AM

With Dish---for FREE---you can have them put another dish on your roof that gets you a ton of quilting and craft shows!

ceegee 04-09-2010 06:56 AM

I am soooo jealous Can't get anyone of the shows on Knology.com

Quilter2B 04-09-2010 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
I have Dish TV and don't seem to find any of the quilting shows on tv now

DishTV does carry the RFD statioin; there used to be much more sewing programs than there are now. We have DishTV; I've dvr'd a few Sewing with Nancy and Quilt In A Day shows

dglvr 04-09-2010 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by joellenc
With Dish---for FREE---you can have them put another dish on your roof that gets you a ton of quilting and craft shows!

I'm going to call Dish and see if they offer that in my area.
Thanks for the heads up on that. I think they should have 1 channel devoted to quilting/craft shows. Who cares if they have reruns.. That would be better than anything else on t.v.
Leaving Martha Stewart out of course.
I'm an Eleonor Burns fan. I met her at the Sewing Expo in Western Washington in February and she was awesome along with her 2 sons. Some people do find her annoying but I think she is fun. "Just get rid of it". :thumbup: