Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   TV shows on quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tv-shows-quilting-t41977.html)

butterflywing 04-09-2010 12:14 PM

i have direct tv in the nj area and i get:

sewing with nancy
fons and porter
sue hausman
martha pullen
quilt in a day

i used to get alex anderson, but that's gone. it all comes in on public television, many from as far away as missouri and/or the dakotas. depending on where you live it comes in on different days at different times from different public stations. you have to check them all.

i have it set up to tape and on rainy days i watch it all. one of the fons and porter ladies has such a soothing voice that it puts me to sleep, even though i want to see they're doing.

deeceem 04-09-2010 12:21 PM

Loved Simply Quilts. Recorded all episodes but lost quite a few due to Katrina.

butterflywing 04-09-2010 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by bstanbro
I have DirecTV in Oregon, and although quilting shows are on the schedule, I get nothing when I try to watch them except a blank screen. Bummer.

public tv is public-driven. if they don't get enough interest, they drop the shows. you have to make noise and write letters to get your shows back on. if you belong to a guild, have everyone write and phone. be a pest. make them realize that there are people who want those shows to continue. also, write and call sewing sponsors and ask them to sponsor quilting shows. in yiddish we say:
a bisseleh, a bisseleh, macht ah fulleh schisseleh.
a little, a little, makes a full pot. or, little by little you get what you want.

wezecape 04-09-2010 01:51 PM

WWW.QUILTTV.COM

Ada Shiela 04-09-2010 02:54 PM

I agree with your comment - we got into Simply Quilts a couple of years ago via Foxtel (cable) and don't have any toher such shows in Australia - inspirational to say the least :roll: :roll:

sewmom 04-09-2010 02:59 PM

i loved simply quilts when it was on. i used to tape them-actually still have some that i watch oncein a while. i learned about 80% of my so called quilting skills from watching all the quilting shows on tv. i miss them a lot.

stitchinwitch 04-09-2010 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Pollyv9
stitchinwitch, are you talking about Sue Hausman. Her voice and manner is so irratating to me I can't watch her. She never lets anyone finish a sentence.

BINGO! YES!!!! That's her! When her show comes on. the tv goes off!

carrieg 04-09-2010 03:07 PM

I actually caught El Burns this week on PBS. We also have Georgia Bonesteel, but her shows are from 2002!! There has to be something on PBS more recent than 8 years old. But she is on at 6:30 am, so maybe they think no one is watching. LOL

grandmafay 04-09-2010 03:40 PM

i get Quilt in a Day, Fons and Porter, Georgia Bonsteel, Sewing with Nancy and and a few others.....I have comcast and I usually channel hop most every day because sometimes they are different times each day. Mostly on the Create Channel#198, also #189, #22 and #17. Most are PBS channels. Also Donna Dewberry has some quilting on her show now.

grandmafay 04-09-2010 03:42 PM

i get America Sews With Sue Hausmann too but maybe only 1x a week