Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   UFOs (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ufos-t293523.html)

DJ 12-24-2017 08:53 AM

UFOs

Do you have any UFOs that you intended to make as Christmas gifts but are going to have to wait for another year?

I have a Christmas stocking for a DGD that I will make for another Christmas. This one would be kept at my home anyway, and she is at her home for Christmas this year. She's 2 years old, so won't know the difference anyway. I did get the one for another DGD made and gifted on Thanksgiving, since she will use hers at home.

What do you already have lined up for Christmas 2018?

Judith1005 12-24-2017 09:14 AM

I have a ton of UFO's to finish. But, none that needed to be done for this year. But, next year, I'm going to make it my mission to get UFO's finished. I don't know why, but, I have had a burning desire to see them all finished. So, I want to finish at least a UFO a month. Preferably 2 if I can manage it. That should take care of a great number of UFO's in my studio. I seem to be a great starter. But, not so much on finishing.

I also have a few new things I would like to make. So, will have to temper my UFO's with something new along the way.

I think I will join the UFO thread next year. Hopefully, I will be able to contribute a lot of finishes next year.

quiltingshorttimer 12-24-2017 09:39 AM

LOL! YES! this year I have a wall hanging that I bought as a precut kit from Keepsake--the one with the 3 raccoons ((I have 3 g-boys and plan to quilt their names in the tree) that I am a longgg way from finishing--maybe for their folks for Valentine's?? And a quilted vest is laying on the frame--would have started it last Thurs or Fri but realized I didn't have the silk bat I thought I had, DH picked up on Fri night when he went into city and company since. So....

QuiltnNan 12-24-2017 10:32 AM

I've had a holiday quilt for me in the works for 3 years. looks like it will be 4 now LOL

Teen 12-24-2017 10:38 AM

I don't have any UFO's. I'm a bit anal and work on projects start to finish. When a quilts done, I take it to the quilter and bind it immediately when I pick up. I was able to finish all my Christmas projects in time. I did Christmas all year, which was a first for me. That's not to say that I don't have stacks of fabrics organized for quilts waiting to be cut and sewn. Lol! This year I will likely have a UFO since I'm starting a Baltimore Album quilt. Since I plan on making other things I will work on BA a bit at a time. Probably drive me nuts but I'll give it a try. Lol..

Battle Axe 12-24-2017 11:50 AM

New Year's resolution: Make a list of my UFOs. Maybe something will happen if they have their names written down on a clipboard.

RedGarnet222 12-24-2017 12:19 PM

Battle axe ... I saw a ufo list for free at craftsy you print out if you are interested. That wold make it pretty hanging around anyway. LOL ...

Boston1954 12-24-2017 12:28 PM

I have more UFO's than I care to admit, but I feel good that I have picked one back up and am going to give it to Jim next December. It is a Boxed Squares. The blocks were done but not joined up so I am making progress. I have loads of time so there is no rush.

lisalovesquilting 12-24-2017 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe (Post 7968842)
New Year's resolution: Make a list of my UFOs. Maybe something will happen if they have their names written down on a clipboard.

This is really a good idea. I'll be doing this also.

busy fingers 12-24-2017 03:08 PM

2017 was the year of finishing off any UFO's for me. One was started back in 2010 and I just finished it two days ago so I am feeling very smug. I can start 2018 with a clean slate and have many ideas running around in my head. More UFO's in the making. LOL!!!!!!!