Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Ugly fabric adoption thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ugly-fabric-adoption-thread-t20687.html)

Tippy 05-28-2009 07:59 PM

A few of us have been talking in the chat about starting a thread where folks could post a pic of that piece of fabric that you bought, put away, and then dug out sometime later, only to think..............why, for the love of Pete did I EVER buy that. Well, here ya go.. I am starting this by sending the world's ugliest piece of fabric to Khan.. Now the one thing I am not doing is posting a pic of it.. I was going to, but I don't want to ruin the surprise....roflol.. I'd love to be a mouse when he opens that Squishy!! and perhaps he will post a pic when he gets it.. so ladies and gents here you go.. I throw down the gauntlet to you.. post your ugly fabrics here.. and find a sucker...........um, I mean talented person who has an idea for a project here. :P

DebJ 05-28-2009 08:51 PM

Tippy, :lol: my only problem is even when we have such swap in my quilting group. I have a hard time finding such a fabric. I don't know if there is a fabric for quilting that I don't like. Even if is one I might not personally have a use for. For instance I recently found a fabic in my stash that says Little League all over it, it is okay not a favorite but can be used for a back of kids quilt should I ever make one. Or prehapes a back for these I spy I have waiting to be made. I am looking forward to seeing what people will post. I didn't post a pic because I haven't taken one. I might consider a swap of the LL fabric, might, we will see if someone is interested? :lol: :roll:

genghis khan 05-28-2009 08:54 PM

Oh my what am i in for now lol

Ninnie 05-28-2009 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by genghis khan

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm so glad Tippy carried through on this! I will definately post somethinglater, just have to narrow it down a little! :wink: :wink:

Ninnie

amma 05-28-2009 09:50 PM

We dumped....uh I mean gifted a bunch of these to Patrice a while ago :lol: :roll: :roll: :lol: She made some very pretty quilts with some of them :D :D :D

tlrnhi 05-28-2009 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by genghis khan

LOL Chris! Better watch out! LMAO!

kwhite 05-29-2009 05:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I posted my ugly last night on another thread. It is ugly but I like it too. It is soft.

mary quite contrary 05-29-2009 05:24 AM

DebJ I take that challenge. You pm me your address & I bet even you will find this fabric ugly.

I didn't buy it and I'm wondering why anyone would make it let alone buy it.

gaigai 05-29-2009 06:14 AM

Kwhite, you fiend you!!! I almost snorted soda out my nose when I saw that fabric. Now mind you, I'm a nurse and tend to see shapes of body parts. Take a closer look. :shock: I am still ROTFLMAO.

kwhite 05-29-2009 06:22 AM

OMG gaigai I am sitting here laughing my butt off. I never saw that one coming!!!! I would have never seen that if you had not mentioned it. You are right. Lord why didn't I see that too. Now I have to do something fun with it. Want some???