Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual quilting weekend--10/6-10/9/17 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-10-6-10-9-17-a-t291680.html)

D.Henson 10-06-2017 10:42 AM

I'm in also. I love these VQW. I've been busy this week and haven't sewn much. This will kick me in gear. Haha. I hope to quilt my Mystery Train Table Runner, start (and maybe finish) a baby quilt, and quilt a UFO lapsize quilt for me. :) Oh, I also have a ruler class tomorrow to attend. Hopefully learn a new quilting technique. I better get busy.

D.Henson 10-06-2017 10:44 AM

@ tallchick : That is a beautiful quilt!! Hope you post pictures when finished. :o

Faintly Artistic 10-06-2017 10:56 AM

Tallchick...lovely quilt! I have a TON to get done this weekend. Finishing some small projects and 2 pieces I need to make progress on the hand quilting. Will post pics soon.

midwife 10-06-2017 11:09 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I just took this off the midarm. Now to make the binging and sew it on.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]581852[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]581853[/ATTACH]

Macybaby 10-06-2017 11:15 AM

NZquilter - I'm with you on the purple. I've made a couple of purple quilts so far, and both were made for some one specific. Otherwise I don't know if I'd make a purple quilt ever.

Midwife -now those are more my colors LOL!!

I didn't start off well - laid out the blocks for the baby quilt and realized I need to make sure to sew the wide sides first. Got it all arranged how I liked it, put them in a stack and pinned them. Took them to the machine and proceeded to sew the short sides together first. Laid it out on the ironing table and saw that I know had a long, narrow baby quilt! Oh well, that is what seam rippers are for. It's back together correctly now, so on to the big one. I have that one laid out to sew the short ends together first. But since it's 5x5, it will be the same size regardless.

sewbizgirl 10-06-2017 12:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Love your blue quilt, Tallchick! So beautiful and so much to look at...

Yours is pretty too, midwife. Great modern. I love that back! It's like a fully reversible quilt.

I just finished joining all my blocks in my QAYG Friendship Quilt. Now only the binding is needed and it will be done. The blocks were made by friends in my local charity quilting group, and a couple by me. On point settings always give my brain a workout, but turn out pretty.

The binding will be the darker turquoise in some of the blocks. The second photo shows the "key" label on the back that I made to remind me who made which block.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]581857[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]581858[/ATTACH]

tscweaves 10-06-2017 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by NZquilter (Post 7920408)
Now I want to try it on my 15-91!

Oh, do it! Be sure to show us too, it is just so much fun:D

tscweaves 10-06-2017 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by D.Henson (Post 7920543)
:) Oh, I also have a ruler class tomorrow to attend. Hopefully learn a new quilting technique. I better get busy.

Please post pictures of what you do in your ruler class. I just started teaching myself how to use them this week and I would really like to see what you do in your class. What kind of rulers are you using? Long arm or DSM?

tscweaves 10-06-2017 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by midwife (Post 7920559)
I just took this off the midarm. Now to make the binging and sew it on.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]581852[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]581853[/ATTACH]

This is a beautiful quilt, it is just the style of quilts I like.

qltnmom 10-06-2017 01:46 PM

I'm in. Spent the afternoon choosing fabrics for a twisted log cabin class tomorrow at my LQS using the Quilt in a Day 2 1/2" Strip Wonky Ruler.