Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual quilting weekend--10/6-10/9/17 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-10-6-10-9-17-a-t291680.html)

Sync 10-06-2017 09:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Worked on the quilting on my hubby's quilt today. Quilting on this block is almost done. I was also able to trace the penguins onto their background blocks so I can get ready to prep for applique on this baby quilt.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]581873[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]581874[/ATTACH]

Battle Axe 10-07-2017 02:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh boy! I'm in, but since I retired, this is about all I do. This one was inspired by several other things I'm doing. The Rest and Refreshing and Summer Picnic block of the week. I've got 5 more blocks to do, but I just could not resist putting some of it together.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]581875[/ATTACH]

jmoore 10-07-2017 02:55 AM

Tallchick, your quilt is awesome...I love the fabric selection and pattern.

Macybaby, it would be fun to thumb through your stash...you have quite a collection of fabrics.

Battle Axe, congratulations on your retirement. Your quilt is going to be fantastic.

I am helping my SIL with a baby shower today...which reminds me that I still need to put a label on the quilt I am gifting at the shower. Tomorrow I will start on my DIL’s Mommy & Me quilt. I need to finish it by the 17th. (Sheesh)

ka9sdn 10-07-2017 03:53 AM

I need and will clean my studio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been ill with my back since April and have done very little sewing but when I had to do some thing the mess did not get put away. Don't think I will get to sew but clean is a great start.

SusieQOH 10-07-2017 04:38 AM

I am so frustrated! Started cleaning my sewing room.I have waaay too much stuff. Got so infuriated I worked awhile and then walked away from it. I did manage to get my table in to set up my Juki.
I found tops I made that I don't even like so they are getting the heave-ho. Too many things I want to make to worry about them.
But wading through all the stuff has been an eye opener. I need to set some priorities! (and close my wallet)

SusieQOH 10-07-2017 04:40 AM

Love all the beauty I'm seeing!!!!!!!!!

Boston1954 10-07-2017 05:16 AM

I think I am going to finish up a couple of Christmas presents, and then organize my batiks by color.

Tallchick, that is gorgeous! You should definitely keep it for yourself. I cannot wait to see it all done.

Battle Axe, I love earth tones. Your top is going great.

Battle Axe 10-07-2017 05:23 AM

Tallchick...what is the name of that pattern or did I miss it? I like patterns like that too.

Sorry to hear of the bad back. No fun, They keep advertising this non invasive surgery on TV Are you a candidate for that?

So I made the block and had it almost done when I realized I had made it 10 inches instead of the correct 9 inches.
Marcia

kristakz 10-07-2017 06:59 AM

I know the feeling. I've been cleaning sporadically, in between quilt projects, for months. Finally found half of my cutting table this week, but the floor is still MIA. I hope those tops you don't like can get the heave-ho towards a charity. I'm sure someone will love them! But I do agree with not spending your precious time on something you don't like. Take a breathe, reward yourself with some sewing time in between cleaning bursts, and I'm sure you'll get through it all.

Originally Posted by SusieQOH (Post 7920853)
I am so frustrated! Started cleaning my sewing room.I have waaay too much stuff. Got so infuriated I worked awhile and then walked away from it. I did manage to get my table in to set up my Juki.
I found tops I made that I don't even like so they are getting the heave-ho. Too many things I want to make to worry about them.
But wading through all the stuff has been an eye opener. I need to set some priorities! (and close my wallet)

sewbizgirl 10-07-2017 07:05 AM

BattleAxe, that sampler is going to be beautiful!

SusieQOH... what do you mean by giving your tops the 'heave ho'? I hope you aren't going to trash them! There are many good charities you could give them to. My local group makes quilts for the transplant unit at our local hospital, University Med Center in Jackson MS. We welcome unfinished quilts to be completed and donated to the hospital. Just a thought... :o