Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend - April 15-April 17, 2016 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-april-15-april-17-2016-a-t277764.html)

kristakz 04-17-2016 09:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I didn't get as much done yesterday as I had hoped. but my crayon challenge top is quilted, plus 2 charity quilts. Today I loaded a new quilt on the longarm, and it's about 1/2 done now, so I should get it finished today (so I can get back to customer quilts tomorrow) and maybe I'll get some blocks made for my Winding Ways quilt top.
This is my crayon challenge top - colour was "Mauvelous".
[ATTACH=CONFIG]547972[/ATTACH]

Cam's gram 04-17-2016 09:39 AM

4 Attachment(s)
This Virtual Quilting Weekend worked out for me! First picture is a king size quilt I quilted this weekend and it's ready for binding. I made a throw last year with this pattern and material and liked it so well made this quilt for what is now a guest room. 120x100 - biggest quilt I've done on my longarm to date. Second picture is queen size scrap quilt top from homespuns I finished this weekend. Also made the back for it. Last picture is up close of the scrap quilt of some of the squares.[ATTACH=CONFIG]547977[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]547980[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]547979[/ATTACH]

retiredteacher09 04-17-2016 09:54 AM

Thanks for all of the pictures and information on projects that are keeping you busy this weekend! I love reading through everything!

I am finally able to spend time sewing today. I went downstairs to get a bigger needle for my sewing machine and got sidetracked. :). I cut some fleece into smaller pieces for toy stuffing, cut borders for a baby quilt, and ran some scraps through my cutting machine. I brought some things upstairs, but not the needle! So another trip down to get it. Now I am sewing toys shut and sewing new ones to be stuffed.

Connie

Cotton Mama 04-17-2016 10:06 AM

Krista, your mauvelous quilt is indeed marvelous. Cam's Gram, your quilts look wonderful! I hope I can someday be as productive as you are.

I'm making slow progress piecing my quilt top. It's the largest I've attempted - 60"x80". I've had to do some unstitching this weekend, but at least I am making some progress.

Dedemac 04-17-2016 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby (Post 7525192)
Here is the 365 challenge center, and the blocks for the rest of April to get caught up. I read that she's going to repeat it next year, and that is one reason she's only leaving the patterns up for 3 months.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ps0mtsrity.jpg

Then I switched gears and pulled out the Embroidery machine to work on some machine applique blocks that have been in a tote for over a year. I actually moved my Juki out of the way and put the Pfaff in it's place. I figure this way I'll be more likely to stick with it until I have the satin stitching done.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...pshlzxbngr.jpg

Macybaby 365 is looking good, I think the total scrappy will look great surrounding the controlled center! You have awesome color sense.

Originally Posted by Taughtby Grandma (Post 7525252)
Finally got brave enough to try a Double Wedding Ring. Been telling myself it's out of my reach, so I just jumped in and now it's about half way done. My corners aren't perfectly matched and it looks kind of rough because I just put it on the bed to get a picture, but am learning as I go.

Taughtby Grandma - Looking great, I'm still on the fence about doing one a DWR

Originally Posted by Rebecca_S (Post 7525635)
Everyone's stuff looks so neat!

I finished the last 6 blocks for my color study that I have been working on the past few months. I am contemplating borders and might get the rows sewed together this weekend, not sure since we have other plans for today. However, Monday is a holiday here (Marathon Monday/Patriot's day) so I will get some sewing done then.

Color study is outstanding, very crisp and clean!

Originally Posted by kristakz (Post 7525876)
I didn't get as much done yesterday as I had hoped. but my crayon challenge top is quilted, plus 2 charity quilts. Today I loaded a new quilt on the longarm, and it's about 1/2 done now, so I should get it finished today (so I can get back to customer quilts tomorrow) and maybe I'll get some blocks made for my Winding Ways quilt top.
This is my crayon challenge top - colour was "Mauvelous".
[ATTACH=CONFIG]547972[/ATTACH]

Krista Love the inter play of quilting lines!

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7525295)
Nice DWR, Jeanie! I'm intimidated by that pattern, too. Glad you conquered it.

Here are my tops finished today. The first is the Christmas top for charity, and the second is an I Spy top for a customer who will quilt it herself.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]547938[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]547941[/ATTACH]

I spy is next on my list for my newest niece, both are great.

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 (Post 7525904)
Thanks for all of the pictures and information on projects that are keeping you busy this weekend! I love reading through everything!

I am finally able to spend time sewing today. I went downstairs to get a bigger needle for my sewing machine and got sidetracked. :). I cut some fleece into smaller pieces for toy stuffing, cut borders for a baby quilt, and ran some scraps through my cutting machine. I brought some things upstairs, but not the needle! So another trip down to get it. Now I am sewing toys shut and sewing new ones to be stuffed.

Connie

Connie glad you got some sewing done, weather is so nice for up here this time of year.

I still have not gotten anything sewn this weekend and probably will not, impromptu dinner with friends last night then cards after dinner. Was able to get 3 of the gardens cleaned and today did church, about to finish the bible study for tonight then back to cleaning the garden. But had to check in, thanks for all the pictures.

gramajo 04-17-2016 10:52 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are pictures of my Women of the Bible that I was unable to get posted on Friday. The first is the quilted Section A. Next is unquilted Section B. I probably won't get much done today. I'm watching NASCAR now and then will be watching the Blackhawks. I'll go into the sewing room after the Hawks beat the Blues.

kristakz 04-17-2016 11:21 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Project #2 for this weekend. I finished quilting my baby turquoise and brown quilt (it really needs a name). This is one of 3 quilts made from the same fabric and my strip-tube ruler. The quilt is small (about 40x50"), so I played with some custom quilting on this one. Second photo is from the back, where the quilting shows better. yes, I know it's not centered - I had no choice due to issues with the backing fabric.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]548000[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]548002[/ATTACH]

ontheriver 04-17-2016 11:23 AM

Fox blocks

1 Attachment(s)
Reached goal of 16 fancy fox blocks for the fancy forest quilt. One extra to go on the back. Will start next set of blocks tomorrow.

qltnmom 04-17-2016 12:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finally finished quilting this "moldy oldie". It's been hanging out in the closet for a couple years.. 😀

Cam's gram 04-17-2016 12:08 PM

Wow, great work everyone!