Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend - April 15-April 17, 2016 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-april-15-april-17-2016-a-t277764.html)

gramajo 04-17-2016 12:45 PM

Qltnmom: Congrats on finishing the "moldy oldie". It's very pretty.

sewbizgirl 04-17-2016 04:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow... some beautiful, beautiful stuff was posted today! You are a talented bunch.

All I sewed today were my 2 paper pieced blocks from the FW 1930s book, but they are next week's assignment and am not supposed to show them until Tuesday in that thread! They are so pretty, I am really getting into these!

Oh what the heck... I'll show them. Any 1930s group people: DONT LOOK.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]548059[/ATTACH]

retiredteacher09 04-17-2016 06:35 PM

Fantastic work everyone!

Dedemac: It was a beautiful day again today but my body is tired from shopping the last couple of afternoons/evenings so I didn't do any yard work. :). But I finally found one dress and a sweater for my son's wedding next month that fit well and I enjoyed the company of my niece.

I worked on strip cutting some flannel for baby quilts and I serged some diaper pads. I also took some time out to watch the Twins win! Now I need to go and clean up my various activities. Lol!

Connie

Taughtby Grandma 04-18-2016 08:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, after taking a picture, I couldn't leave it so I got up last night and fixed the blocks so they match up better. I'll tell you one thing about this quilt, me and Mr Ripper have become best friends doing this! haha

happylab 04-18-2016 02:59 PM

Macybaby = just love the center of you 365 top, my colors. I can hardly wait to see the finished product.

Ontheriver = such pretty foxes, especially the purple one.

qltn = very pretty and nice your batik top. I love it.

Everyone else projects are just as nice and lovely, I just done have room to acknowledge all of the pretty projects.

I have 18 of my 40 blocks done on the 2nd block of AR Crossroads. It takes a little longer that I figured. Plus housework and other distractions got in the way. Work and life. Too many projects not enough time.

happylab 04-18-2016 03:05 PM

Did I miss the dates for the next QAL?

DonnaPBradshaw 04-18-2016 05:47 PM

I've been making fabric books for future and current grandchildren! They take about 5 hours per book but they turn out so cute! One was about dino's, another about counting, Christmas books, etc. I quilt on one size of the page so when the book is washed it won't come apart!

Taughtby Grandma 04-19-2016 06:30 AM

Rebecca S, I love the colors in your quilt are those prairie points on the blocks or is it a pattern? I love it.

tropit 04-19-2016 06:52 AM

So many beautiful projects! Krista, I love your quilting on that piece. I did not get much done this weekend. I screwed up on a long quilting line that had to be carefully taken out. My walking foot misbehaved and I had teeny tiny stitches to remove. Augh! Needless to say, I got bored and frustrated with the project after awhile and so I moved on to pruning the apple trees instead. I love looking at everyone pix though. Nice stuff!

~ Cindy

retiredteacher09 04-19-2016 04:36 PM

Raggiemom: Are you okay? I missed your comments on this topic.

Connie