Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   We have some great husbands! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/we-have-some-great-husbands-t63827.html)

luvTooQuilt 09-09-2010 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by kathy
WE ARE A LUCKY BUNCH AREN'T WE!?

ABSOLUTELY !!!!

ruacajun2 09-09-2010 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt

Originally Posted by kathy
WE ARE A LUCKY BUNCH AREN'T WE!?

ABSOLUTELY !!!!

I agree too!

BellaBoo 09-09-2010 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by vanessa
Since we are on the subject of husbands....

What do you ladies do (or gentleman do) when your spouse wants your attention and has nothing to do with themself? Mine does not have a hobby at all and wants my attention and that keeps me from quilting when I want to. I try to plan days just for us to do things together but he still wants my attention constantly.

That would get me so frustrated I wouldn't enjoy his company at all and he would know it.

vanessa 09-09-2010 09:23 AM

Rapture,

You got me so tickled with the "Big Boy Britches". LOL

He loves to work outside, so that helps in the summer. The winter time is really the worst. He will drive you bananas if he can't go outside to work. He doesn't read, doesn't like watching TV or movies unless I am sitting with him, and really and truly has no hobby at all. I understand about the negative comments. Mine does the same thing. It is like they know they are being mean, but do it any way. And mine will never say he is sorry.

Now on the other hand, I know he will do just about anything for me and he told my mom that I am his angel. Go figure. :)

Vanessa

Originally Posted by raptureready

What do you ladies do (or gentleman do) when your spouse wants your attention and has nothing to do with themself? Mine does not have a hobby at all and wants my attention and that keeps me from quilting when I want to. I try to plan days just for us to do things together but he still wants my attention constantly.

Go buy him a new pair of jeans. Tell them they're his Big Boy Britches and he's to wear them every time you need to work on your quilting. Also explain that when he puts them on he'll feel empowered to do something for himself--by himself. Either that or teach him to quilt. :lol: :lol: And trust me, it could be worse. Mine is so insecure that he lashes out all the time with negative comments. Even though I know he doesn't really mean them they still hurt. I've been working so hard on making his grandson and great grandaughters quilts for Christmas and the other day he said that everything I make looks like s_ _ _! I know he didn't mean it but it still cut to the bone.

Rachel 09-09-2010 09:33 AM

I say teach him to quilt! He might love it and it'd be something you guys can do together!!!

cizzors 09-09-2010 09:38 AM

Hubby had a 3 day weekend last week-I had the usual 2. He totally cleaned the kitchen, cleand the pot shelves and everything on them, my knook of shelves in the hall and all the junk on them, cleaned the pond, pulled some weeds, fixed the water line and did I mention he cleaned every window inside and out?! I mopped the floors and sewed both days. Life is great!

MadQuilter 09-09-2010 10:07 AM

What do you ladies do (or gentleman do) when your spouse wants your attention and has nothing to do with themself?

I broke mine in from day one. "You want breakfast?" Let me show you where the kitchen is. "You want to eat lunch?" Do you not remember where the kitchen is? lol

No, seriously - Pat had issues with me knitting when we were first married and his argument was "you are paying attention to your knitting - not me." Actuall, I was knitting, watching TV, and carrying on a conversation while not letting dinner burn. So I stopped knitting and became the most attentive B**** you can imagine. After a few days he begged me to knit again.

Now he has his own hobby (Astronomy) but more times than none he will sit with me in the sewing room for company.

SherryLea 09-09-2010 10:35 AM

My Husband and I are both retired. But he had been retired a while when we got married He retired at 43 and his first wife died 42 days after they both retired. So he was use to being by himself when we got married. I was still working and he kept on me to retire so I did. He has lots of hobbies hunting,fishing,golf,and reading. but he watches T.V. the rest of the time every thing on the Civil War he can find. I didn't have a hobby but decided I wanted to quilt borrowed a machine from my SIL and the he bought me one for Christmas. Then I decided I wanted an Embroidery Machine he got me one, them I just had to have a serger he got me that for Christmas. Redid the dining room to make me a sewing room and the rest is History. But it does bother him when I don't spend some time with him so I am working on that. All in All he is a great catch and I wouldn't trade him for anyone else for any amount.

ckp11271 09-09-2010 10:54 AM

My hubby is not handy, and is the first one to remind me of that - but has never complained about the money spent on my hobby, and will gladly tag along to Menards when I want to build something for myself. He looks at tools for his tractors, while I wander through wood/paint/flooring/whatever.

deedum 09-09-2010 11:29 AM

My hubby is the best, he has made me a big board ironing board, he put up peg board in my sr and now putting shelves up. He helps me with my machines when they go haywire, he always fixes them for me. He will wait patiently in the car when I see a quilt shop I just need to visit,he never complains about how much I spend. This would of been the week for him to do it! We were on vacation and I did spend!!! Yep, the best he is, but I wish he would get a hobby especially for the winter.