Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   what do you do with all of your creations?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-you-do-all-your-creations-t72446.html)

midwestqltr 10-26-2010 01:16 PM

With the exception of a few made as gifts, I am hanging them all in my guild's annual quilt show. We also make quilts annually for charity.

Midwestqltr

ckcowl 10-26-2010 02:42 PM

mine are gifts, donations, i sell a few, but i give most away. for every one i sell i give away 6.

dkabasketlady 10-26-2010 04:57 PM

I have given ALL of mine away so far, but am in the process of making one for me and the hubby, a Cathedral Windows quilt all done by hand. It may take me a few years to complete, but it'll be worth it when I get it done. I've made more baby quilts than any other size, but have been making some larger sizes lately. I also make lap robes for Hospice patients and try to get 25-30 of these made per year.

klgreene 10-26-2010 05:05 PM

I use mine as decorations (wall hangings), only one queen sized quilt for my bed. I've made for my kids, there rooms when they were kids and grandkids. I've made a lot of Christmas presents this year. I take a picture of everyone I've ever made and have them in a little photo album, and I'm starting to run out of room.

Butterflyblue 10-26-2010 05:08 PM

I give away the majority of my quilts - either to friends and family, or I have just finished a couple to donate to the local CASA.

I have kept a few for myself - two tabletoppers and a couch throw. But I'm working on a bed quilt for myself now.

I do have a photo album, and once in awhile I like to look at my "babies".

moonwolf23 10-26-2010 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyblue
I give away the majority of my quilts - either to friends and family, or I have just finished a couple to donate to the local CASA.

I have kept a few for myself - two tabletoppers and a couch throw. But I'm working on a bed quilt for myself now.

I do have a photo album, and once in awhile I like to look at my "babies".

What is CASA?

JoanneS 10-26-2010 06:33 PM

Most have been given away - but I take pictures first for my album.

mom-6 10-26-2010 06:51 PM

All of my completed quilts have been gifts. Most of my UFO's are also designated as gifts. I have one that I'm trying to claim, but DD insists it needs to be hers...I told her she'll get it eventually anyway! LOL!

sewingladydi 10-26-2010 07:44 PM

I kept 1, gave away several baby quilts as gifts, made many from my stash for QFK, made 2 for my parents. I'm starting a hexagon quilt in blue white & yellow for my cottage. Maybe I'll make one for my husband.

bluekrissyspikes 10-26-2010 08:06 PM

so far they are all for giving and for my kids. i'll probably sell some eventually, when i have too many of my own around. i have yet to make one for myself though so it won't be for a while.