Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   what do you do with all of your creations?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-you-do-all-your-creations-t72446.html)

Annaquilts 10-26-2010 08:36 PM

It is about 50/50. Half I make for my childern and the othe rhalf for friends or as donation. there is a small precentage I do for consignment. This offsets some of my quilt money spending but not way enough.

sall 10-27-2010 12:24 AM

I have made many as gifts, all babies born in the family have one. I make a lot for Linus, and the rest that I cannot part with are either used as snuggle quilts in the living room or folded away in a cupboard, and only brought out occaisionally. I do take a picture of each one and keep them in an album, although there are some that I have given as gifts that I have forgotten to take a picture of.

plainpat 10-27-2010 12:53 AM

Gave a couple to charity, made both DDs 2 each & one for each of 3 Grkids.All were full to K size.Have made shams to match for DDs, a ton of sofa pillows & a lot of throws/wall hangings for myself.

No longer do bed size quilts(have one last K size for LA quilter).Sofa throws are it & also do a lot of miniatures.Mine are used as table toppers,folded in an antique trunk, hanging from wall racks, on back of chairs & sofas.....folded at foot of bed.I just like looking at them.Also have a quilt rack in bedroom......so surrounded by quilts :-)

ree-nee 10-27-2010 04:45 AM

Mine get claimed usually before they are finished.
I just love going to my DS, DD, and DS homes and seeing my wares displayed.

finch 10-27-2010 04:55 AM

Mine are given to my family and friends.

bob1414 10-27-2010 05:58 AM

Mine hang on the stair railing, are folded and draped over the bed in one of my guest rooms and stuffed in the closet.

JoanneS 10-27-2010 06:10 AM

I THINK I'm making another that we'll keep and use as lap quilt in TV room. But someone in family might sneak it away.

cowgirl 10-27-2010 07:47 AM

I make things and give them away just for no special reason. Example: I made one of my fellow teachers an Ohio State bag last week. She was so happy. No money is worth that excitement. I really try to teach my students the joy of "Random acts of kindness".

AnnieF 10-27-2010 07:58 AM

I used to make quilts as gifts and also to use and hang in my house. About 3 years ago, I joined a quilt ministry and any quilt we make within the group goes to a pediatric unit in a local hospital. The fun of knowing that I can take a tutorial off this message board and make 3 or 4 small lapquilts from the pattern and have a place to give them away when they're finished makes all the difference in how creative I've become. I also photograph each quilt as I put the last stitch in the binding with the pictures in an album. It is nice to look back at your body of work.

Judie 10-27-2010 05:03 PM

Have given away lots of them, sold a few, make a donation quilt every year for a Navy reunion group.. have quite a few here for us to use.. I love them.. the more they are used the softer and sweeter they are (to a point)..

Just had one returned to me... My dear MIL's.. I made her one the first year we were married.. 40+ years ago.. I have it again, she passed away a few weeks ago.. It's sad to have it back again.