Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What is the new "must make" pattern? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-new-must-make-pattern-t181312.html)

wendiq 03-02-2012 08:50 AM

Anything using up stash or scraps.....I think a lot of us are conserving funds and seeing that we actually have enough stuff at home.....enough in fact, that we could probably open our own shop....LOL!

IdahoSandy 03-02-2012 09:24 AM

I would like to see more animal themes and I just got through making a turtle quilt(got the pattern out of a library book, went back to the library but could not find the book) which I love and keeping for myself. Chickens are my next quilt(still short a couple of fabrics). Am I the only one that does not like these squarish modern quilt patterns? Scrap Basket Senations by Kim Brackett has some nice different strip quilts and I have marked three that I like very much. Picnic is on the front of her book and I have this cut out ready to sew after my chicken quilt.

IdahoSandy 03-02-2012 09:30 AM

Forgot to add that Quilters World, April 2012 has a cute turtle burp cloth where the pattern could be made into a baby quilt. Think I will make a baby turtle quilt too.

trolleystation 03-02-2012 12:04 PM

The 'swoon' blocks are really neat, new and easy. Great for scraps or planned colors.

sewNso 03-02-2012 12:08 PM

i think the new craze is to use material out of your stash, or anything you have already purchased. buy to go with what you have, if you have to.

VickiM 03-02-2012 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by sewNso (Post 5025301)
i think the new craze is to use material out of your stash, or anything you have already purchased. buy to go with what you have, if you have to.

I second that...it's one of the things I'm doing this year. Also, I'm on the UFO bandwagon!

CMARAS1234 03-02-2012 06:55 PM

I just received the pattern for Whole world in his hands , with the little baby in a big pair of hands. you can see it at www.morelcabincreations.com , and cant wait to sew it. seems easy . Tammy is a very artistic person. cmaras

email is [email protected]

jcrow 03-02-2012 06:59 PM

That is a good idea. My niece and I went grocery shopping and I opened up the top of the cart to put some groceries and she quickly shut it and said that people put their little kids in that section and they can have dirty diapers and you don't want to put your food where a little kid's tush has been. Best advice I have received in a while.

Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill (Post 5023333)
I just made a couple of coupon caddies that get velcroed (sp) to the shopping cart handle-I made pockets-1 for your coupon organizer, 1 for the coupons you are going to use at checkout, one for your cell phone, and one for a pen to mark your list. Anyway, saw it on-line on one of the many free sewing newsletters I get and decided to try it. It was really easy, and really handy! I will try to post a photo in the next day or so. I am also going to make a purse from a pair of my DS jeans. Think I will see if they sell with my purses at some craft fair I hope to find. My next quilt will be my Whitework Sampler, lots of applique and I am really looking forward to doing that!

burchquilts 03-02-2012 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by gzuslivz (Post 5023720)
I'm into the Lil' Twisters. I made some for Valentine's Day, some mug rugs for friends, Christmas wreaths. I just can't get enough of them.

Is the Lil' Twister tool the one you use with charms? I want to get a Twister but I'm not sure which one to get. Suggestions?

burchquilts 03-02-2012 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by pinkberrykay (Post 5023983)
I love using the twister tool/primitive tool. HandcraftsbyJen has some gorgeous patterns for these tools. I look forward to what she has coming out in the next couple of months. I am headed to a Quilt Retreat this weekend and I will be working on her Shamrock Twister wall hanging while I am there.

Pictures please!!!!!!!!!!