Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What quilting project will you be working on today? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-quilting-project-will-you-working-today-t204353.html)

Julie R 10-30-2012 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Quercus Rubra (Post 5621333)
Well sadly I'm working on a small angel piece that is hand appliqued and embroidered to go in the coffin of my 3 month old granddaughter who passed away on Oct. 22nd. Her Death is under investigation and her funeral in on the 1st. I started in late last night. I was to meet this little angel of mine next month at Thanksgiving/my birthday for the very first time.

Tricia

Tricia - I'm so very sorry for your loss. May god's love surround you as you get through this difficult time.

carolaug 11-10-2012 05:09 AM

I love your Scrappy!!

Originally Posted by ube quilting (Post 5619431)

JNCT14 11-10-2012 05:15 AM

Off to Joann's today to use my coupons! Since they are all for non sale stuff and of course everything is sale, I am hoping to get more muslin backing and batting. Then 8 one yard cuts for the 14 French Braid tablerunners for my office gifts and about 8 yards of polar fleece to make no sew scarves for our cheer moms (go T Birds!). Yikes! its been awhile since I have been able to get to Joanns so I am looking forward to some FUN! (My mother thinks I am insane, LOL)

BeckyB 11-10-2012 05:23 AM

I plan on working on a quilt for my neighbor for his Christmas present!

carolaug 11-10-2012 05:38 AM

I have never done a curve binding. Did you have any problems? Any tips to share?

Originally Posted by cwessel47 (Post 5616225)
I will be FINISHING a mini I started last May! Just a little bit of handquilting left to be done. It has been put off and put off and put off as I was so afraid that I wouldn't be able to do it. Yesterday the curved binding went on - which I have never done before and it came out far beyond my expectations. I am so excited to get it finished.

#1piecemaker 11-10-2012 05:42 AM

I am going to be sewing binding on a couple of quilts and then bind them by hand tonight while I watch TV. I might also have time to load up a small quilt and get it quilted after I get through with my chores.

OKLAHOMA PEACH 11-10-2012 06:45 AM

I going to storage shed, everything I want out is at the back of course, fabric tubs and winter clothes. I was supposed to be nice today with cold the rest of weekend, but guess what, the weathermen were wrong again.

totosmom 11-10-2012 07:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I will be working on a wool applique wallhanging, "Horn of Plenty". Since this photo, I've FMQd everything on my Singer 15-91 (what a joy!!) and now I'm ready to prep the sleeve and the binding. I'm still waiting for the hanger to arrive, but soon I'll be able to hang it over the mantle with autumn leaves and twinkly lights. Nice on these short fall days.

carolaug 11-12-2012 03:12 AM

I really love this wall hanging! Is there a reason why you use wool instead of cotton? Can you wash it once done?

Originally Posted by totosmom (Post 5647496)
I will be working on a wool applique wallhanging, "Horn of Plenty". Since this photo, I've FMQd everything on my Singer 15-91 (what a joy!!) and now I'm ready to prep the sleeve and the binding. I'm still waiting for the hanger to arrive, but soon I'll be able to hang it over the mantle with autumn leaves and twinkly lights. Nice on these short fall days.

DebbE 11-12-2012 03:22 AM

Love your wallhanging - very nice!