Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What quilting project will you be working on today? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-quilting-project-will-you-working-today-t204353.html)

Neesie 10-27-2012 08:08 AM

I've finished all of my quilt WIPs, so am trying to decide what to start next. Really need to use some of my stash.

Some time ago, I gathered up a wonderful collection of fabrics (old-fashioned assortment), to go together, but haven't yet decided upon the pattern. This one will be for myself, so there's no hurry . . . but it'd be nice to at least make up my mind and start something! :rolleyes:

fien777 10-27-2012 08:11 AM

I'm working on the christmasquilt I wanted to make three years ago......now finally it had to be done.
It's really fun working on it

Christine- 10-27-2012 08:13 AM

I love cold, rainy weekends! I'm in my studio today, practicing stitches on my Tin Lizzie. I have 5 quilts that need quilting, 2 are tops I bought online to simply practice on. (I bought the Tin Lizzie last April). I plan on doing one today and one tomorrow. So it's practice, practice, practice for me today!

inspectorcmm 10-27-2012 08:23 AM

I too found cutting stash into strips. I can sew these strips together and then cut these strips across the seams. I can then sew these strips into blocks and have various quilts I can make with the blocks.

crafty pat 10-27-2012 08:40 AM

I will start cutting out a baby quilt for a friend. I hope to get it all ready to start sewing Monday.

Debbie C 10-27-2012 08:52 AM

I'm on Long Island's south shore and just finishing up the last bits of preparation for Hurricane Sandy. I'm going to spend my alone time (my husband works for the power company and has been ordered to work out east for the duration) manning the generator and French drain pumps if we lose power, but I'm also going to be cutting fabrics for a couple of Christmas gifts. Have to keep myself busy during this stressful pre-storm time or I'll go batty!!

pollyjvan9 10-27-2012 09:17 AM

I have been working very hard on quilts to take to two craft show. I had so many UFOs and quilts stacked up I decided to try to sell some of them. I haven't counted how many I have ready except for the labels, so that is what I am starting today. The 1st craft show is Nov 9th so I should have plenty of time. I am so ready to start a "new" project, not a UFO!

margecam52 10-27-2012 09:19 AM

I just finished the top for one of seven baby quilts I need to get done. Today though...hubby will help me move a lot of stuff from upstairs to the basement...need to make more room to sew up here.

ShabbyTabby 10-27-2012 09:36 AM

Cutting, cutting, cutting. I have 160 blocks to cut for a quilt for my granddaughter for her birthday. She wanted a "girly" quilt so am using vintage roses and pastels.

cwessel47 10-27-2012 09:38 AM

I will be FINISHING a mini I started last May! Just a little bit of handquilting left to be done. It has been put off and put off and put off as I was so afraid that I wouldn't be able to do it. Yesterday the curved binding went on - which I have never done before and it came out far beyond my expectations. I am so excited to get it finished.