Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What quilting project will you be working on today? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-quilting-project-will-you-working-today-t204353.html)

TinkerQuilts 10-27-2012 09:43 AM

I'm hoping to finish piecing the blocks for a batik stained glass quilt (king size) that I started at a quilt retreat last month. I should be able to put the quilt top together tomorrow. Then I may embroider some things on it - dragonfly, butterfly, vines, flowers, etc.

Shelbie 10-27-2012 09:47 AM

I'm working on a quilt using the pattern Squared Inside and Out. It uses 2 1/2" strips and I'm stitching it in black, gray, red and white. This quilt would also make a great Scrappy so next time, I think I'll try it using 3 1/2" squares and rectangles and take all my fabrics from my scrap basket (it's not a little one either!)

romanojg 10-27-2012 09:56 AM

I'm not sure but I'm sure glad it won't be Halloween. Between helping my daughter for Her first time make costumes and then me making things for my DGS's first Halloween party I'm exhausted. On my embroidery machine I made tic tac toe games with a spider on them and the game pieces were spider webs on them and the x and o. Then I made ghost that spell out Boo and then another set of ghost that was to represent her family, with a daddy, mommy, DB and baby sister ghost to hang up. I also made lollipop covers in the shape of a ghost, candy corn and a jackolantern. There were other things that I wanted to make but had no time. I've been working overtime and watching kids. So yesterday when my daughter came to drop of DGD and stated she found another decoration and she only had to print out so many black and white pictures to fit into the frames, I ignored her hint. When she came home she asked if I'd had time to print them out, I just said no. Now maybe when I get home after my 12hr shift I can finish up some of my projects that are growing.

maryb119 10-27-2012 10:41 AM

I will be making 2 quilted baby bibs for my granddaughter.

SouthPStitches 10-27-2012 10:51 AM

Hand quilting one baby quilt top. Need to baste a second one. Sure hope the storm passes over all of us without too much problem. If we lose power, at least I will have something to work on during day light.

tezell0801 10-27-2012 11:05 AM

Putting the binding on a Halloween quilt, better late than never right!

needles3thread 10-27-2012 11:07 AM

Oh Neesie, I envy you - having all your ufo's finished. I have so many.

AnnieH 10-27-2012 11:13 AM

Finished the piecing of my DSDs Christmas present quilt, made a list for the Chilford/Duxford Show this Friday (UK) and carried on with the blanket stitch on a Country Quilt whilst watching TV (Strictly Come Dancing) tonight.
Annie

carolaug 10-27-2012 01:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I have made a fairly good dent in my Dr. Scraps...I still have a shoe box full that i will see if a friend of mine would like. I think I have had enough of Dr. Suess for a while... hoping to finish this one tomorrow. Here is my progress...String quilts are wonderful for scraps...[ATTACH=CONFIG]372832[/ATTACH]

stillclock 10-27-2012 01:29 PM

the same project i will be working on for eternity brain....

i am handquilting my grandmother's pinwheel quilt.

forever. and ever. and ever....

aileen