Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What quilting related items have you had to sneak in the door? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-quilting-related-items-have-you-had-sneak-door-t65411.html)

MrsM 09-20-2010 08:17 AM

A new quilting machine and a quilting frame. Unfortunately the frame is apart, I just dont have the room for it. I am contemplating selling it. :o(

bobbie1 09-20-2010 08:38 AM

Nothing...husband encourages me to buy fabric when on sale as "don't know when they will raise prices". Even drives me to fabric stores. He is very supportive.

Jane3 09-20-2010 08:39 AM

What is DH? (I'm kinda out of it when it comes to initials....)

Gramof6 09-20-2010 08:40 AM

:D Welllll I did just once & got busted so I do not even think of hiding it now. I might get my tail chewed a little for spending so much money in 1 month, but I just let it roll off of my back and continue on. :D A girl has to do what a girl needs to do. And I need a good supply of Cotton at all times. :D

Once I had 3 huge orders back to back from Quilt in a Day Store. He was there each time the UPS doll delivered them. The last order was probably over the top so he asked me to cool it for just 1 month. Okie Dokie. :wink: He left to go out on a job for a few days & QIAD still had a great Sale going so I decided what the heck....put in a final order for that month. So I did & it was a doozy. Of course I got busted when the credit card bill came in. :D But oh well, it was oh so worth a little tiny lecture. :D After that, I explained that if he did not want me going behind his back, he would just not say a word when I did order or go shopping. It has worked. I think the hellion in me just does not like to be told to not buy anymore Fabric. :D

Gramof6 09-20-2010 08:45 AM

I forgot to say that I did go on a Machine buying spree once. He rolled his eyes & asked how many more was I planning on obtaining. :D I sweetly replied "Well fabric is much cheaper so which do you prefer?" He has never made any comment since. He goes with me and happily helps me choose & pick & quietly carries around bolts. :D He is a thread-ho. :D :D :D The thread he has for the LA is unbelievable since he only quilts for me & my Mom. :D

mosquitosewgirl 09-20-2010 08:51 AM

I hide it all in plain sight...LOL.

mosquitosewgirl 09-20-2010 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jane3
What is DH? (I'm kinda out of it when it comes to initials....)

Dear or Darling Husband

tortoisethreads 09-20-2010 09:20 AM

Sometimes those expensive rulers make him cringe! I bought a small 2 1/2 inch square one for $9.00 and he just about fell over! He's a good sport though1

horsefeather41 09-20-2010 09:37 AM

it isn't a DH cause i don't have one BUT i do have a DD that always says, mom do you really need that, you have enough to start your own Joanne's!!!!!!

oldswimmer 09-20-2010 09:44 AM

Ok... I am thinking that I dont have to sneak anything in the door anymore...my DH just bought a brand new Harley Motorcycle. Am I right or am I right???? LOL