Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What quilting related items have you had to sneak in the door? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-quilting-related-items-have-you-had-sneak-door-t65411.html)

butterflywing 09-20-2010 04:40 PM

none and i wouldn't.

TheresaF 09-20-2010 05:10 PM

None, My Hubby is great, He'll even help pick out fabrics and buy me sewing stuff

Mousie 09-20-2010 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by quiltnmom
This is so funny. I just got back from Wal-mart and snuck in a table top ironing board and a $5.00 bolt of fabric. I also hide all the bags from the fabric shops and hide the receipts in my underwear drawer. (I like to keep up with what I spent on a project)

a girl after my own heart...I keep all receipts etc. too!
I catalog them.
I guess it's so my kids can faint after I'm gone.
DH knows I gotta lotta stuff. Lots of it was given to me and I have an allowance.
Like I tell my lqs ladies: I have a budget. It's just a very GOOD budget, lol! :lol:

Mousie 09-20-2010 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by fabricfairy
In my house I have MR PLOD the fabric policeman ,
even the girls at the fabric shop know him
as MR PLOD , it is so funny I wont take home the
bright yellow bags they put things in
because they standout like neon lights I have it hidden in places your can only dream of , but I love it love it love it ............and I am not going to stop.

too funny!
I find it interesting that the ones that don't "sneak", call it lying or something similar, and the ones that do say "sneak", giggle about it.
I don't sneak but I feel guilty sometimes, even though I have an allotted amount and my hubby has driven me to the fabric store and is waiting for me!
I think the guilt is about catching up....
That's like the end of the internet isn't it? Has anyone ever really done it? (used up all of their stash?) :roll: :lol:

buffy2 09-20-2010 05:38 PM

I don't sneek anything in the house, He knows when I go to the frabic shop or when I have frabic come in the mail .He has sat in the car and had a nap while I was shopping. I don't hide any. He help me changed One of our bedrooms in my sewing room and put shelves in the closet to put my frabic.One day I was sewing and he came in the room, the closet door was open. He stood there for a few seconds looking and than he said "Ada, do you think you will live long enough to use all that frabic" I am working and I love quilting. He knows where I am and what I spend my money on, How much I spend I don't think he knows .He doesn't ask and I don't tell. Like my friend say" They are on the need to know basics" Lets keep in at that

susanlh 09-20-2010 06:55 PM

Never really had to sneak anything in, just wasn't as open about fabric purchases as I am now. My husband now works for 2 different quilt/sewing stores as machine tech. He is actually starting to take an interest in this wonderful hobby.

SaraSewing 09-20-2010 07:08 PM

No sneakin' here! He loves to support me. We joke that I get $25 in supplies for each football game he watches. So, ladies, it's football season and I'm in hog heaven! For my birthday we were in SLC, and he had googled a quilt shop and took me there for a surprise! I have great supplies and stash, but most of all, HE IS THE BEST!

boosgmom 09-20-2010 07:18 PM

Before we moved to this house, DH went in the attic, came back down and said"do you know you have 2 boxes of fabric up there? answer -YES - "his reply-" don't buy anymore until you have used those up". I sure didn't invite him to look in the closet in my sewing room!!!!!! Now I have a big (17x13) room with lots of storage under the steps. Maybe I should go count the boxes sometime. On occasion, he knows I buy fabric, as the sewing machine, etc. goes with me in our travel trailer. Actually, that is a great time to cut out quilt pieces. I've made more than one quilt while traveling..

boosgmom 09-20-2010 07:23 PM

How do you spend that much money on a machine and yet he doesn't know you have it? I have 4 machines-one my husband bought me years ago and 3 I have inherited.

litacats 09-20-2010 07:29 PM

I don't hide anything from DH as he finds it anyway. but everytime I bring in more fabfic he has a little grumble about it, so I just say how much have I spent on you getting you set up in business. a lot of my kitten money went on machinery for his business, so he really can't complain.