Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What Quilty Prize Would Make You Want to Buy a Raffle Ticket? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-quilty-prize-would-make-you-want-buy-raffle-ticket-t252016.html)

CookyIN 08-17-2014 12:55 PM

Ott light. I don't think I'd ever buy one for myself, but if one was in a raffle... oh yeah! I think they're half price now at Joann and am pretty sure you can get one for $30.

The most expensive items I buy are cutting mats and rotary blades. So those things in a raffle would really make me take notice.

DogHouseMom 08-17-2014 01:04 PM

I like "sets" of related things :)

How about a "set" of rulers all of the same brand (Creative grids would be my choice) in a set of most used sizes (4.5" square, 6.5" square, 12.5" square, and an 6.5" X 24.5" rectangle).

A "set" of 12 or 15 different quilting stencils.

A "set" of various quilting papers including: Roll of golden threads paper, pack of paper piecing paper, pad of graph paper, and a roll of freezer paper.

JENNR8R 08-17-2014 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 6848648)
I like this idea. Does the winner get all four prizes or chooses one and a new one is added for the next raffle?

There are four winners. The one that has her named drawn first, gets the first choice...

GrandmaNewt 08-17-2014 01:20 PM

I think a raffle is a great idea! There are so many quilty type items out there that I don't need, but would be fun to have or try out should I win one through an inexpensive raffle. There are also many quilty type items that I can never have enough of like rulers, spare rotary blades etc.

I love a lot of the ideas listed here including but not limited to clover clips, rotating cutting mat, spare blades, spring loaded scissors, rulers rulers rulers! Even things like thread sets or batting are good ideas, what a great way to try out brands that you normally don't buy.

To add to the list of ideas how about a gift certificate to a local quilting store, a magnetic bowl or nice pin cushion along with new quilting pins, storage racks for threads, bobbins or rulers and this last one may sound silly but I would love to win an assortment of different types and sizes of thread snips and seam rippers (my snips travel around my sewing room so I lose them, and It seems like my seam rippers get dull just when I need them most)

Nammie to 7 08-17-2014 01:22 PM

I think this is a great idea! Like all the suggestions that were made for the prizes. I think I'm going to suggest this at our next meeting! Thanks for the idea.

ManiacQuilter2 08-17-2014 01:22 PM

I agree with the Clover wonder clips and everyone can always use more new rotary blades.

Onebyone 08-17-2014 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Weezy Rider (Post 6848671)
None of them. If I wanted it, I'd need it long before the raffle was held and buy it myself. I wouldn't be adverse to a donation and NO ticket.

This is how most of the older members feel in our guild about new ideas and spoils the fun of it.

Jan in VA 08-17-2014 06:26 PM

Titanium sewing machine needles from Superior.
Specialty seam ripper.
Australian quilting magazine. (There are not carried everywhere and are often cherished by quilters.)
Fat eighths of hand-dyed fabric.

quilt938 08-17-2014 06:36 PM

I'm a sucker for the baskets that have various fat quarters or some kind of precuts and a pattern. there's a show coming up in sept and they usually have a bunch of baskets/bundles - we buy our tickets for the price mentioned then walk around and put them in the box for the prize we'd like to win - I usually pick out the ones wtih fabric - last time I won it was a basket with quilt patterned dish towels, quilty tshirt, and carpenters wheel wallhanging cutouts...haven't used the wallhanging kit (may add to my scraps LOL!) but used the dish towels. sometimes they do not-so-quilty like coffee or tea and a coffee cup or teacup wtih a quilt theme. I'll almost always get tickets for a bedsized quilt!

DOTTYMO 08-17-2014 10:55 PM

Ii would go for items we keep purchasing, rotary blades, pins, needles seam a seam, fabric markers etc. personally I prefer to buy my own fabric .