Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What would you do next? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-would-you-do-next-t244915.html)

mea12 04-10-2014 04:48 PM

i agree with justabitcrazy and your son. its really striking in those colors!!

Dina 04-10-2014 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by mea12 (Post 6669777)
i agree with justabitcrazy and your son. its really striking in those colors!!

Thanks. I am actually doing this a bit backwards, I think. I made a wall hanging very similar to this and decided to make a quilt that "matched" it. It makes more sense to make a quilt and then make a wall hanging from the scraps...but I think I can make this work.

I didn't use a pattern for my wall hanging either. When I did that, I said I would never do that again, that a pattern was sooooo much easier to do. And here I am doing it again because I couldn't find a pattern that matched what I thought I wanted, and I do have my wall hanging. I have done a few "curvy" Bargellos and wanted to do a "pointy" one. Finally I decided you must not really need a pattern for the pointy ones.

It's mainly that a quilt for a bed is a lot larger than a wall hanging!! :)

Dina

DOTTYMO 04-10-2014 10:19 PM

I would have to balance it . So the big point on the small side and small point on large side.
Hope you understand.

Vat 04-11-2014 03:38 AM

I would start on the left side and go backward to match the 1/2 you have already made.

Kitsie 04-11-2014 07:10 AM

I dunno! But had to remark that I really love the polka-dot fabric in it! That is really unique!

AngeliaNR 04-11-2014 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy (Post 6669690)
I wouldn't want it to be perfectly symmetrical, or to look like a big "W". I would make the pattern go up just a bit, then down kind of far, then back up alot---very far. (If that makes sense, lol!)

I like this idea if you are okay with its not being symmetrical. Otherwise, you should do the mirror image--symmetry is necessary for some quilters--nothing wrong with that!
It's looking great--I'm agog that you are doing it without a pattern!
Tell Hot Rod hello for me--I'm sure he is glad that this one is now wide enough to sit on properly. :)

Dina 04-11-2014 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by AngeliaNR (Post 6670655)
I like this idea if you are okay with its not being symmetrical. Otherwise, you should do the mirror image--symmetry is necessary for some quilters--nothing wrong with that!
It's looking great--I'm agog that you are doing it without a pattern!
Tell Hot Rod hello for me--I'm sure he is glad that this one is now wide enough to sit on properly. :)

Hot Rod says "Hi" back. He does approve of the quilt so far. I am taking a few days off of quilting to think about what I want next. Plus, we may be trading our bed in for a King size, and THAT may really take some rethinking as the quilt is for our bedroom!!

Dina

Dina 04-11-2014 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Kitsie (Post 6670632)
I dunno! But had to remark that I really love the polka-dot fabric in it! That is really unique!

Thanks. I had to go look at my quilt again, as I didn't remember polka-dots, but that sure is what they look like. Actually those are daisies, my favorite flower, which is why I selected that fabric, plus I already had it and didn't need to buy that shade of brown.

Dina

MargeD 04-11-2014 01:22 PM

I like what you've done so far, just follow your heart and the quilt will lead the way.

BettyGee 04-11-2014 02:42 PM

I agree with Dina' s son. You are on the right track and what a glorious quilt you will have.