Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What would you do next? >

What would you do next?

What would you do next?

Old 04-10-2014, 06:22 AM

Default What would you do next?

I have 1/2 of this Bargello quilt done, not following a pattern. I am trying to decide how I continue this design. I really like what I have ...you will have to turn your head to look at the design, as I had to take the picture sideways to get it all...but time to figure out where I go next.

I will get out my graph paper and colored pencils next, but which how would you continue the design? If I "go up" to match what I have, it may just look like a big W. Of course, that might be okay...

Any suggestions are welcome!! Thanks.

Dina
Attached Thumbnails s8001794.jpg  
Old 04-10-2014, 06:41 AM

That looks pretty cool. Sorry I haven't attempted this pattern and while ! think it might be cool to make it look like a heart tracing monitor print out, I'm pretty sure others will have great ideas to share with you. Good luck!
Old 04-10-2014, 07:06 AM

Sheilz, that's funny. that was the first thing to come to my mind as well.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:54 AM

I don't follow a pattern when I make bargellos, I just kind of go for it. I would probably just keep zigging and zagging up and down at random intervals....probably not all that helpful, am I?!?

It looks great though, you have a really nice gradient in your colors. Makes me think of coffee and chocolate. Yum! Just keep doing what you've been doing, it's totally working!
Old 04-10-2014, 08:10 AM
Power Poster

Hi Dina

First, what width do you want to make this quilt?? I LIKE what you have done so far. Why not just start reversing using the center of your 2nd shorter point. Then if you need additional width, you can add from the two edges maybe working into a curve out to the edge. HOPE this helps. You are certainly on the right track !!!
Old 04-10-2014, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
Hi Dina

First, what width do you want to make this quilt?? I LIKE what you have done so far. Why not just start reversing using the center of your 2nd shorter point. Then if you need additional width, you can add from the two edges maybe working into a curve out to the edge. HOPE this helps. You are certainly on the right track !!!
Yes, this does help. It will be twice this wide, and then I will have borders...I just like borders. I like this idea and will play with it. That would make it symmetrical, and I would like that.

I will keep posting, asking for opinions, I am sure.

Dina
Old 04-10-2014, 12:40 PM
Power Poster

Never made one, although I have a book with bargello patterns. Picking out fabrics is what throws me.

You are off to a good start.

Last edited by Jingle; 04-10-2014 at 12:50 PM.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:44 PM

I wouldn't want it to be perfectly symmetrical, or to look like a big "W". I would make the pattern go up just a bit, then down kind of far, then back up alot---very far. (If that makes sense, lol!)
Old 04-10-2014, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy View Post
I wouldn't want it to be perfectly symmetrical, or to look like a big "W". I would make the pattern go up just a bit, then down kind of far, then back up alot---very far. (If that makes sense, lol!)
Actually that is what my artist son said. Leaning towards that. He has a good eye.

Dina
Old 04-10-2014, 04:40 PM

Nice job on your quilt. I love the colors.