Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What are you talking about when you speak of your stash? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-you-talking-about-when-you-speak-your-stash-t57709.html)

MadQuilter 08-05-2010 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Gilla
I don't spend as much money as some of you do, but buy my share of fabrics usually for a quilt I have in mind. Am I alone in that?

There is a part of me that is envious of your approach. While I love my stash (both large and scrappy pieces) I do not always have the "in" color line because - no more room in the cupboards and no more money in the budget. You are building your stash from leftovers. Means you may focus more on the making of quilts than the accumulation of goods. Send me a little of your stick-to-itness, pleeeeease.

Annz 08-05-2010 03:51 PM

A stash is a stash no matter how large, small, neat or not so neat. I think we all are surprised at how much we can accumulate.

tonnadesigns 08-05-2010 03:59 PM

I love the idea of collecting a stash now when you are working full time! That will be my standard reply from now on when anyone asks me why, oh why am I buying more fabric! I have so much fabric it is really quite embarrassing. I do have it organized quite well and most people just look in awe at the wall of fabric. But it does come in handy. A friend of mine recently found her old SBS quilt her mother had made for her when she was a little girl. It is in tatters except for the little girls. I found in my stash an almost twin of the sashing fabric! What a great reason to have so much fabric!

harrishs 08-05-2010 04:29 PM

I am not admitting to anything-----but I have more than I will ever use-----but I enjoy every Piece of it!

Emma S 08-05-2010 05:23 PM

I have a very large stash, can't resist a bargain. For years I had more money than time. That's when my stash really got out of control. I would just like to know why every time the UPS man comes with a box of fabric my family is always visting. I get a lot of eye rolling.

tooMuchFabric 08-05-2010 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by wvdek
IMHO, your stash is any fabric you have in your posession whether scraps or whole pieces, whether a small shoe box or a roomful.

Absolutely.

cpfrog 08-05-2010 05:50 PM

You're never alone on this board... if you can place fabric some where with your sewing stuff... it's stashed! HAhaha... thus "STASH". :-))

LadyCougar 08-05-2010 06:02 PM

I have lots of fabric because not only do I buy off the bolt, I buy remnant pieces because I also make clothes for my granddaughter. My husband has told me I can open my own fabric store, but I keep telling him how else am I going to do projects.

brushandthimble 08-05-2010 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by pocoellie
I have 5 (65 qt) plastic totes filled with just scraps, 2 large drawers filled with already cut squares and strips, plus a whole ton of yardage, ruler folded in drawers and another 18-20 (65 qt) plastic totes filled with yardage. I am trying to not shop for fabric. LOL

So you can make lots of beautiful scrap quilts!

sewinglady104 08-05-2010 07:08 PM

I have lots of scrap and yardage. I went to the pizza restaurant and got some boxes and keep my squares in them. Then have3 shelves for my yardage. I am just a fabric freak.