Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What are you working on this week? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-you-working-week-t191854.html)

Jim 06-15-2012 10:20 PM

have to bind a quilt that MIL pieced and wife quilted. Also have 21 bow ties to make for FIL, Son and Nephew

JNCT14 06-16-2012 03:40 AM

I hav batik Drunkards Path that has to be sandwiched and quilted, I am working on a Carpenter's Square redrafted by Karen Combs and I will probably start building up a stash of Comfort Dolls for SewNews. Just finsihed all my Ahlzheimer's mini quilts. Oh yeah, repairing my garden where the woodchuck had a nice al fresco lunch...........

burchquilts 06-16-2012 04:15 AM

It's supposed to be HOT & HUMID all weekend (I heard this week that WI is getting hotter by the year --- I could've told the scientists that... LOL!) so I plan to stay inside under the AC (& ceiling fans on high!) & sew. I've been working on a Jelly Roll Race & I would really like to get the silly thing done. It's wider than I want so I think I'll whack a couple of inches off the body & replace the innner borders with narrower ones. Then, add the outer border, find something for the back, make the binding (I like do make my bidning while I've got all the stuff out for the quilt) & send that puppy off to the LA'er! After that? Maybe work on cleaning up in my sewing room.

burchquilts 06-16-2012 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by JNCT14 (Post 5292385)
I hav batik Drunkards Path that has to be sandwiched and quilted, I am working on a Carpenter's Square redrafted by Karen Combs and I will probably start building up a stash of Comfort Dolls for SewNews. Just finsihed all my Ahlzheimer's mini quilts. Oh yeah, repairing my garden where the woodchuck had a nice al fresco lunch...........

Oooooooooooh... I can't wait to see pictures of your batik Drunkard's Path! I'll bet it's gorgeous!

Phannie1 06-16-2012 04:23 AM

I have a few "Bow-Tuck" purses cut and a couple of baby quilts to get guilted.

katsewnsew 06-16-2012 04:28 AM

I will be finishing up a wallhanging top of a landscape. Hope to start quilting it this week.

Sunnye 06-16-2012 06:12 AM

Nothing! I'm visiting my son in NYC. I did bring a Stupendous Stitching project with me but have had no time. Gotta go!

Learner747 06-16-2012 06:23 AM

I'm going to be sitting in my wheelchair and enjoying your post. I had my right knee repaired two months ago and three weeks ago my left knee went out. The weakened right knee will not support my weight using crutches, hence the wheelchair. I am frustrated because I have a great project going and lots of new fabric and my husband insists I not sew until I can walk. So keep posting those pictures, I truly enjoy them.

kristakz 06-16-2012 07:45 AM

I'm hoping to finish my Carpenter's Star top for my son - just the binding left to do. And then I will let myself start my new project - a french braid table runner and placemats.

jfowles 06-16-2012 09:02 AM

Re-working my quilting room. It is a mess and I don't know how much of what I have got. This time I am labeling and putting precuts in containers that they fit well in. My kits will be labeled and easily seen and my yardage will be folded so I can see what I have. Too much is what I have, MSQC has kept me in precuts and I love then but I sure have a lot. I should be excited that there is so much to work with but right now I am just overwhelmed. When it's organized I'm going to have a blast with so many choices.