Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What's Your Current Project? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whats-your-current-project-t271671.html)

BETTY62 10-30-2015 10:11 PM

A quilt I started over a year ago.

beaqltr 10-31-2015 12:02 AM

I was just in two autumn swaps. I always cut out extra so I don't have to start from the beginning if I make a mistake. I am finishing off those blocks.

Next up some thank you gifts.

zennia 10-31-2015 12:34 AM

My two grandson are boy scouts so I am making them tent themed quilts. doing a lot of paper piecing on them.

DresiArnaz 10-31-2015 12:53 AM

I just finished a quilt for my 19 y/o son and did matching pillow shams for his and my daughter's quilt.

Trying to build a few things for Christmas but feeling kind of under the weather off and on so hard to get motivated.

My current project is placemats. I have 8 of them pieced and quilted-just need to bind them.

Might make a train panel quilt for my son. My daughter wants me to design a purse using a really cute button down shirt that she outgrew. Will use a hobo style bag for a pattern I guess. Still looking for inspiration. Maybe have to dream something up somehow. (Yikes) She also has an insatiable appetite for zipper pouches.

I used to sew a lot at night. Now that school has started I can't because of the noise. :(

beckyw 10-31-2015 01:01 AM

I just got done making fleece pants. Making Christmas ornaments for exchange. Fold star potholders for gifts. Going to make fabric postcards for exchange and not use Christmas cards this year. I got l list of thing to make for Christmas if I get them done fine if not I will give them some other time.

sputano 10-31-2015 03:18 AM

I have several projects in the works. One is called "Falling Leaves", I just finished FMQ on my new mid-arm frame yesterday. I also have another oversized queen quilt that is a fall quilt with hand-dyed squares that I need to load on my frame. Then I have a Christmas quilt that I would like to get quilted before Nov. 13. I am going to have to have my hip replacement replaced. It has failed. Yuk. But, hopefully will help with pain after I recover. Trying to get these done is going to be a chore, but, hopefully I can get it done. When I figure out how to post pictures I will post them.

pjnesler 10-31-2015 03:21 AM

I'll be kitting up my new Bonnie Hunter Mystery for 2015!!! After completing 4 quilts earlier this year I've taken a break and working on counted cross stitch projects and been loving every minute of it, but have been looking forward to the new mystery since I finished the last one!

Monale 10-31-2015 03:52 AM

You ask about current project - but with me, that's usually in plural! :o The one that has highest priority right now is quilt for Christmas for my god-daughter that loves elephants. I'm using Warm Wishes and some cute fabric. Then there's a HST pinwheel lap quilt where the top is almost done, just need to sew the last few blocks together. And as I was on holiday, I've actually just started an EPP project as I needed something to hand-sew. At some point after that, I want to hand-quilt the star quilt I showed here before (quilt top is finished). And then there are a few more UFOs on the way... I'm the same with reading (another big hobby of mine): I NEVER am reading only ONE book at the time... ;)

sandy l 10-31-2015 03:59 AM

Did you take a class for this somewhere or did you have a book? I looked at some of these and since I love log cabins, would love some more info on them.

kyquiltlover1942 10-31-2015 04:26 AM

I , as always, am working on several quilts. One is especially one for ME. It is called "Angels comimg to carry me home". Another one I am working on for the state fair, but that is only when I am feeling good enough to try to make it perfect. As always, I have 4 or 5 waiting to get my longarm repaired. and dozens floating around in my head, waiting to b e made.