Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What's your worst "flaw"? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whats-your-worst-%22flaw%22-t101317.html)

minstrel 02-20-2011 04:25 AM

Flaws? What flaws? Mwahahaha! Seriously, it depends on the day!

deema 02-20-2011 04:36 AM

You know what? Puckers don't bug me. I've occasionally gotten some when piecing because....well, mis matched seams DOES bug me. I will deal with a pucker in a block to make sure my seams match. My last quilt was the first one on my new machine, and I hadn't gotten my 1/4 seam sorted out yet. That one had quite a few puckers in the top. I did go buy a 1/4 foot after that and the next one was pucker free lol. But you couldn't even notice once it was all quilted and washed...*I* couldn't even find them and I was looking for something I *knew* was there! lol

I haven't yet encountered puckers on my quilt back...I'm sure I will, eventually! LOL It will completely depend on the size of it to determine if I rip it out.

Raggiemom 02-20-2011 05:01 AM

I think my biggest flaw is that I don't always sew 1/4 inch seam :( . But I can live with most of my flaws.

emerald46 02-20-2011 05:46 AM

All of the above and lots more I'm sure. The older I get the easier it is to admit faults...they are just part of my wonderful personality...lol

erstan947 02-20-2011 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by jemma
i have perfect seams +perfect binding+perfect quilting my colour choices are wonderfull------my only flaw is i lie about my quilting abilities !!!!!!!!!

Way too funny and true from my computer:):):)

ibequilting1 02-20-2011 06:02 AM

My biggest flaw,among many,is that I don't finish things. I see a new pattern or find some lovely fabric and off I am to a new project. I can't call myself a quilter until I learn to finish what I start.

janRN 02-20-2011 06:15 AM

Let's see: I'm short, I'm fat--oh you meant quilting flaws.
I'm obsessed with making blocks. If I see one I have to try it. I must have 100s of blocks piled up in the closet. If I ever need a potholder I'm ready! Gotta find a way to put them in a quilt (after I try some new block patterns I found).

EagarBeez 02-20-2011 06:16 AM

The biggest flaw that I have had is striving for perfection. When my seams did not match it drove me bonkers. That is until I posted to this group and they gave great advice about riding by on a horse and others. I felt relieved. Most of my seams match in the quilt I am working on now, maybe a shade off here and there, but, as this quilt is coming along, you don't even notice.

frugalfabrics 02-20-2011 06:23 AM

My biggest flaw...I buy patterns and quilting books like they are going out of style, yet I never use any of them. I have never used a pattern for any of the quilts I've ever made...LOL

I have the same problem in the kitchen! I buy recipes books, but never cook!

clem55 02-20-2011 06:51 AM

Getting the exact same line and edge of fabric together when rotery cutting. Sometimes I'm just a tad off and I try to be so careful!