Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Where do you sew and quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/where-do-you-sew-quilt-t37044.html)

Debbie1 02-19-2010 07:22 AM

I cut on the dining room table but my sewing is in my very small spare bedroom.

mjsylvstr 02-19-2010 07:33 AM

when the house (home) became an empty nest, one bedroom became my sewing/tv/computer room. Ironing board up most of the time, machine can be left out and open......and threads all over the place, with no complaints...
(don't ever get them from hubby anyway at any time...)

During the winter, as a snow-bird in Florida, I have to use the dining room table and the counter between there and the kitchen.....not too inconvenient but have to clear the space when company arrives......

But we keep going.......one way or the other...

Maryjane

kaykid815 02-19-2010 07:44 AM

I was sewing in the guest bedroom, which I could close up and "hide" my projects. But then I moved my sewing machine to the computer room which opens into the family room. That way I can see the TV, talk to my hubby, check my emails, and sew - all at the same time. Someone once said I was a multi-tasker :)

katiebear1 02-19-2010 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
This will be cool to find our where you sew and quilt at?

Monday night I learned how to paper piece so I brought my sewing machine in the family room on the sewing table in there, had to move hubby's recliner chair, so he sat on my recliner chair. I used 2 tv trays one for my pressing and the other one for my small cutting mat since I was paper piecing. I have a sewing room on the other end of house but no tv, no pc. ha ha

This summer I will be using the sun porch but we don't heat it in the winter time.

Okay who is next?

Karen "Craftybear" Indiana, USA (* Beginner Quilter)

I have a very large bedroom downstairs (24x15). It also doubles as a library since reading is my other passion. I have a tv and radio in there and it isnice and quiet and all "my" space

vjengels 02-19-2010 08:54 AM

It depends on what I'm doing; I do hand work out in the livingroom watching t.v. with my sweet husband. piecing or machine quilting are done in my sewing room. I don't take anything 'on the road' as I generally don't do anything that small

hnyb 02-19-2010 09:10 AM

I bought a small camper, complete with tv,small stool, and kitchen if needed. I moved it into the back yard. It is my sewing room. I love it.

quilter64779 02-19-2010 09:36 AM

I use one end of our long living room so I can be where DH is. Since we retired it works for both of us. I also have a small screened in porch that we paneled and I have my fabric and cutting table at. Peggy

quilter64779 02-19-2010 09:36 AM

I would love to have a small trailer so everything would be in one room. peggy

life is sweet 02-19-2010 12:10 PM

lucky you! Sounds absolutely fabulous!

starlight 02-19-2010 03:07 PM

My DS moved out and I took over the bedroom and now DD is moving to her own place and we are going to knock out the wall between the two rooms and make a 22 by 15 foot room