Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Where do you sew and quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/where-do-you-sew-quilt-t37044.html)

skjquiltnut 03-04-2010 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by BethD
My "sewing room" is my unfinished basement. Because the furnace is down there, it is warm in the winter but cool in the summer. I don't worry about stray threads falling on the cement floor and it gives me a large area to lay out my quilts before sandwiching. We lovingly refer to it as the dungeon!

I hope you are remembering not to be doing long periods of standing on that cement floor without good supportive shoes :lol:

skjquiltnut 03-04-2010 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by QuickStitch
I have turned our large master bedroom into my sewing and craft room since we moved our stuff into a small room. It is in the back part of the house that we don't keep heated much. Hate to pay the high electric bill. Since it has been so cold, I moved my sewing into the living room and use the dining area for my cutting and ironing. I like it better here because I have the tv, and I'm not alone. I really have enjoyed sewing in the LR but its hard to have people over. I find that I like to have some company, even if he is doing his own thing. Does anyone else hate to be alone when they sew and quilt? LOL

skjquiltnut 03-04-2010 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by skjquiltnut

Originally Posted by QuickStitch
I have turned our large master bedroom into my sewing and craft room since we moved our stuff into a small room. It is in the back part of the house that we don't keep heated much. Hate to pay the high electric bill. Since it has been so cold, I moved my sewing into the living room and use the dining area for my cutting and ironing. I like it better here because I have the tv, and I'm not alone. I really have enjoyed sewing in the LR but its hard to have people over. I find that I like to have some company, even if he is doing his own thing. Does anyone else hate to be alone when they sew and quilt? LOL

Sorry, hit enter.....

changed my mind re responding. Glad you have someone there to bounce ideas re how this stitch or that is working or not and what you will work on next.

ddrobins1956 03-04-2010 11:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I sew in the spare bedroom. Whenever we have guests I have to stash my stuff. Fold up tables and put all of my projects away. Luckily I always have a hand sewing project on the go, and that I do everywhere. I always take it along in the car or anytime that I will have to be waiting.

grammypatty7 03-04-2010 02:32 PM

Beth D
Tickled me to see you referring to your room as the Dungeon. Years ago we moved our 12 and 13 year olds away from the only place they remembered as home into a 2 story home with full unfinished basement. I had started doing daycare before the move and in decided to continue doing it after the move so the first thing we did was fix up one of the rooms in the basement into an office with a TV and later pong and later atari down there. We had it fixed up cute and the family had a place to go during my business hours and it upset my husband no end because we called it THE DUNGEON but it was a very nice room. Later when we both got a commodore 64, they were down there too. We had an area rug on the floor, painted the walls a pretty textured gold paint and put good lighting on the ceiling etc. Don was so offended because he had to work in the Dungeon. Silly me thought he'd be thrilled to have a quiet work area.

Originally Posted by skjquiltnut

Originally Posted by BethD
My "sewing room" is my unfinished basement. Because the furnace is down there, it is warm in the winter but cool in the summer. I don't worry about stray threads falling on the cement floor and it gives me a large area to lay out my quilts before sandwiching. We lovingly refer to it as the dungeon!

I hope you are remembering not to be doing long periods of standing on that cement floor without good supportive shoes :lol:

redkimba 03-04-2010 02:53 PM

I use my living room for sewing & quilting. I can do both while watching tv.

need to unearth that baby quilt so I can finish it. The mommy's getting a bit "twitchy" over it. (all in good humor so it's not a problem)

craftiladi 03-04-2010 05:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a whole room to be creative in. I sew and scrapebook in my room so it has to stay neat & organized...I love it as I can leave works in progress just as they are and walk back in anytime I want. I waited many years to have my very own room.

just a peek at my rm. more pics under "sewing rm" thread-yes those are the cats dishs on table-he he
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29461[/ATTACH]

quilter64779 03-04-2010 06:11 PM

I like your sewing-scrapbooking area, very nice. I like the chair where did you find one that swivels? Would love one of those. I use one end of our long living room so I can be where my husband is. It works for both of us. He made me a very nice L shaped sewing area. :D

craftiladi 03-04-2010 07:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quilter I got my chair from the thrift store for 5.00, just about my whole rm was decorated w/ thrift store finds-alittle paint chgs everything lol.

the scrapbk area
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29467[/ATTACH]

quilter64779 03-05-2010 06:35 AM

Thanks for the info I will start checking the thrift stores.