Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Where and what for UFO's (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/where-what-ufos-t13095.html)

gcathie 11-11-2008 08:35 PM

I'm gonna agree with Mary QC.....:-)

Jim's Gem 11-11-2008 09:33 PM

I have my already "sandwiched" UFO's on my son's bed. They used to be on the treadmill in the family room (where I sew) They may end up back here again. That treadmill makes a great place to store the "to be quilted" projects! It even adds color to the room! The almost completed tops are folded and stored in a clear rubbermaid tub (66 qt or larger size) some of them have a ziploc bag with them with the fabrics to finish the tops. My blocks are in ziploc bags in a second UFO Tub. Sad that I have 2 tubs. I need to get to work!!!

Knot Sew 11-12-2008 04:59 AM

IMy plan is to finish them all, but first i need to be able to find them with their attendant pieces. I do work on them, there are not that many. I had pieces, and fabric and other stuff piled on every flat surface....and walking was a hazard :lol: The strips, I am still thinking on that one :wink:

GailG 11-12-2008 06:51 AM

Yea, Ruth. Nothing like getting all tangled up in pieces that are "piled" up on the floor. Last week I got hung up in a bunch of binding that had been cut the wrong width. It was waiting to be wrapped around a piece of cardboard to be used in another project. Yikes. I did catch myself before I hit the floor. We quilters can be experts in making piles. :lol:

Quilting Aggi 11-12-2008 07:44 AM

I also like using the 12 x 12 plastic containers you use for scrapbooking.. they are also fairly flat, (hmm about a 3 inch height to them) they are see through and keep your projects flat.

Quilting Aggi 11-12-2008 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Craftybug
Ruth, you know those pastic bins that are flat and they roll under the bed? I think they call them sweaters storage bins, those will be perfect because you can stack them one on top of the other and they are not as bulky as the storage bins.

oooh I got three of those, and 2 of them are filled with UFOs that are too big for the 12 x 12 containers!! One of my New Year's goals for 2009 is to tackle some of those UFOs.. they are getting out of hand now!! LOL

zyxquilts 11-12-2008 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Ruth Camp
IMy plan is to finish them all, but first i need to be able to find them with their attendant pieces. I do work on them, there are not that many. I had pieces, and fabric and other stuff piled on every flat surface....and walking was a hazard :lol: The strips, I am still thinking on that one :wink:

Welllllll.....most of mine are tops, and I have them in a nice cabinet from IKEA that has glass doors so I can enjoy the pretty colors. :wink:
As for the strips - how about putting them on some hangers? They won't get too wrinkled up that way.

Kyiav10 11-12-2008 01:47 PM

I am trying to finish what I have started before I start another one. I have the train quilt in the frame still! Plus a baby quilt that I am machine quilting. And like three others started. So I want to finish these before I start another.

Kyia

Boston1954 11-12-2008 02:53 PM

I have a cedar chest and some Avon boxes my sister gave me.

GailG 11-12-2008 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by zyxquilts

Originally Posted by Ruth Camp

Welllllll.....most of mine are tops, and I have them in a nice cabinet from IKEA that has glass doors so I can enjoy the pretty colors. :wink:
As for the strips - how about putting them on some hangers? They won't get too wrinkled up that way.

Thanks !!! I found one of those clear plastic hangers that come with garments from the department store. I put the binding strips (that were ironed in half ready to apply) in the little "recesses" on the shoulder-part of the hanger. Terrible sentence, but you get the picture, huh. :lol: