Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Where and what for UFO's (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/where-what-ufos-t13095.html)

butterflywing 11-15-2008 03:38 PM

my god, what have we all done? as soon as my kids moved out, 20+ years ago, i filled their rooms and closets with 'stuff' and it's all still there. i have those plastic three-drawer units and the huge tubs and a gazillion dresser drawers filled with fabrics, threads, notions, etc. how can there be any left in the world? are we eating something that turns us all into fabric addicts?

GailG 11-15-2008 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
my god, what have we all done? as soon as my kids moved out, 20+ years ago, i filled their rooms and closets with 'stuff' and it's all still there. i have those plastic three-drawer units and the huge tubs and a gazillion dresser drawers filled with fabrics, threads, notions, etc. how can there be any left in the world? are we eating something that turns us all into fabric addicts?

This brings me to my DH's comment several years ago. He asked, "Do you realize that as the kids moved out you filled up their space with your STUFF.?" And how right he was !! Our son was the first to leave and I filled his closet with cake decorating supplies and equipment. Then went in all the books. Now, the computer.

The girls' room has the sewing "corner," the "office" things, and all of my tutoring, craft, scrapbooking, etc. Fabric is stored in bins everywhere. :oops: :lol:

Lucky Patsy's 11-15-2008 07:43 PM

I took out the bottom mattress from the trundle bed in the spare bedroom/sewing room and store projects there in the clear zippered bags that sheets and bedding come in. Barnbum stores all her strips on a ladder!

Marcia 11-15-2008 11:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I hang mine on a wooden clothes drying rack in plain sight, so that they taunt me on a daily basis to finish them!!

So far, it is not working---I have gotten very used to looking at them there!! :lol:

SBTexProQuilter 11-16-2008 05:53 PM

Ok Before Quilt Board I Never had any UFO's Now After QB, OOOO Boy, I have UFO's fabrics,etc . I get toooo many Ideas But More Ideas are a Good/Great Thing!!! :twisted: :roll:

GailG 11-16-2008 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by SBTexProQuilter
Ok Before Quilt Board I Never had any UFO's Now After QB, OOOO Boy, I have UFO's fabrics,etc . I get toooo many Ideas But More Ideas are a Good/Great Thing!!! :twisted: :roll:

My UFOs are multiplying since I've joined QB. The ideas flow and I begin, then another idea comes up, etc. But that's OK. And then someone mentions scrapabooking and I change my cap and get to scrapping for a while. And that's OK, too. I love being here with other people like me. :lol:

bebe 08-27-2009 04:55 AM

The one that dies with the most UFO's better be leaving something to me!!!!!

wichypoo 08-27-2009 05:09 AM

I read somewhere,,, that strips are easily stored in those long narrow trays for silverware or knives. know what I mean. Some of those trays stack too. good luck I can't walk through my sewing area either. Husband stored new flooring in that room, yea lucky me.
karen

littlehud 08-27-2009 07:28 PM

Mine are everywhere. Cluttering up my bedroom, where my stash is, and around the sewing area. I am no help. I can't even organize my own.

minstrel 08-28-2009 02:56 AM

I have most of mine in one of those hanging canvas "shelves" that go in your closet, if you know what I mean - the kind that have a hanger to go over your closet rod and are about 4 (5?) feet long and a foot wide with 4 or 5 compartments. That clear as mud? LOL One shelf is good for one project since I mostly do throw sized quilts.