Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Why? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/why-t95905.html)

MadQuilter 02-02-2011 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by BarbaraTX
My car "dings" when I'm down to 1/4 tank of gas. Why don't they make sewing machines that "ding" when your bobbin thread is down to a few yards of thread? (or do they?)

My one Pfaff has a small led that lights when the bobbin goes low. No problem - just keep sewing til I run out.

The other Pfaff indicates a low bobbin state on the display AND it comes to a screeching halt. Now I am a reasonably intelligent sewer and I understand what "low bobbin" means. WHY would the machine hobble me and make my progress stop?????

So, careful what you wish for....

davis2se 02-02-2011 01:43 PM

Mine does. (Janome 11000). But it makes me nuts because there is at least enough thread left on the bobbin when "dings" to sew all four borders on a table runner. I did it last night. And once it dings one time, every time I stop sewing I have to push a "cancel the ding" button in order to go on sewing.

GammaLou 02-02-2011 02:09 PM

Well my Baby Lock let's me know when I am down and need to rewind or replace my bobbin. I love this feature :lol:

Kappy 02-02-2011 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by davis2se
Mine does. (Janome 11000). But it makes me nuts because there is at least enough thread left on the bobbin when "dings" to sew all four borders on a table runner. I did it last night. And once it dings one time, every time I stop sewing I have to push a "cancel the ding" button in order to go on sewing.

My Brother does the same thing. Drives me crazy, there seems to be almost 1/3 of the bobbin left. So I keep sewing and pushing the cancel button!

BettyGee 02-02-2011 04:06 PM

My Pfaff just keeps on going so I think a "ding" would be a great thing.

KathyKat 02-02-2011 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by CoventryUK
Mine does!! Husqvarna 870 Sapphire!! (Viking in USA)

Same machine and mine works like a dream!

BrendaK 02-02-2011 04:19 PM

;) Isn't it funny that some of those who have it really don't want it, and some of those who don't think it's a good idea. Sounds like the grass is greener on the other side. I guess my machine is too cheap it just sews when I do. I have hated the times when I am going along and then realise that what I have done only has a top thread. Would like the light.

azsupergram 02-02-2011 04:26 PM

My old Pfaff has a light that blinks when I will soon run out of bobbin thread. Really depend on it and am always running out of bobbin thread when I use one of my other machines.

Nanamoms 02-02-2011 04:32 PM

My Brother stops sewing and tells me the bobbin thread is running low. It won't allow me to use a sliver (actually quite a lot) that is left on the bobbin. So I just put that aside to use for hand sewing things.

christinetindell 02-02-2011 04:35 PM

Here's a thought though...I always play a game and if I can finish a long seam and still have bobbin thread, or just a 1/2 inch or so...I'VE WON!!!