Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   WIP & UFO Challenge, are you game? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wip-ufo-challenge-you-game-t85621.html)

MaryAnna 01-23-2011 04:32 PM

FINISHED ONE! I finished the binding on the Quilt for Kids. Worked a little on the bow tucks, but now it is time to pay bills, do laundry, go to the grocery store and do all that stuff to get ready for the new work week starting tomorrow.
Thanks for the encouragement.

Marie[/quote]

Hurray Marie! You go girl! One done and starting on another!
Blessings,
MaryAnna

mhansen6 01-23-2011 07:19 PM

Finished the Bow Tucks also. Now on to the big UFO. The pinecone/tree quilt. That is going to take some major time.

Thanks for everything.

Marie

QM 01-23-2011 07:31 PM

I have finished 3 UFOs this month, with lots more to go. Of course, those 3 did not have huge amounts to be done.

I counted 22 last year, but found several more after that. I am not promising not to buy anything new, but I have been cutting WAY back. My main emphasis this year is to complete UFOs.

At the same time, I am turning scraps into crumb blocks and making charity quilts from what I have on hand. I gave 22 for kids in out of home placements last year and hope to do several more this year.

I made 7 crumb blocks this afternoon before I ran out of steam. I suspect that more than half of my storage is scrap. For me, I think that is an even bigger problem than UFOs.

MaryAnna 01-24-2011 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by mhansen6
Finished the Bow Tucks also. Now on to the big UFO. The pinecone/tree quilt. That is going to take some major time.

Thanks for everything.

Marie

You go girl! I'm proud of you Marie! Post some pix, we'd love to see your work!
Blessings,
MaryAnna

MaryAnna 01-24-2011 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by QM
I have finished 3 UFOs this month, with lots more to go. Of course, those 3 did not have huge amounts to be done.

I counted 22 last year, but found several more after that. I am not promising not to buy anything new, but I have been cutting WAY back. My main emphasis this year is to complete UFOs.

At the same time, I am turning scraps into crumb blocks and making charity quilts from what I have on hand. I gave 22 for kids in out of home placements last year and hope to do several more this year.

I made 7 crumb blocks this afternoon before I ran out of steam. I suspect that more than half of my storage is scrap. For me, I think that is an even bigger problem than UFOs.

QM, you're THE WOMAN! or is QM a man? Hmmmm, at any rate...you rule! 3 done! Whoo Hooo! I'm almost there myself, am working on the Mystery Bom that was on the QB thread....I'm working on the outter border now.
Yes, I too have more ufo's with more work up ahead, but it feels great to get them all done!
And I've found more scraps & stash than I realized myself! so maybe we can do a 'Scrap Challenge' later in the year.....that sounds perfect.
Blessings,
MaryAnna
Post some Pix! We all want to 'ahhh and owww' over the ufo's done!

kateyb 01-25-2011 07:53 PM

I have more WIP's than I thought.
Hubby and I took a 4 day mini vacation.
This morning I did some cleaning and organizing in my sewing room. I found more WIP's. The count is now at 117. That doesn't count the 2 I finished about 10 days ago.
I can't believe I have so many.
Good Grief, Charlie Brown.

MaryAnna 01-25-2011 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by kateyb
I have more WIP's than I thought.
Hubby and I took a 4 day mini vacation.
This morning I did some cleaning and organizing in my sewing room. I found more WIP's. The count is now at 117. That doesn't count the 2 I finished about 10 days ago.
I can't believe I have so many.
Good Grief, Charlie Brown.

WOW girlie! That's the most so far! I thought I had a lot, that's nothing compared with 117! Sounds like inventory for a store...hey now there's an idea....hmmm....
Seriously, what are your plans....I'd be realistic about it all and set a time limit, like 1 yr to complete, then pick which ones i really loved and do those, the rest you could do a 'sampler' quilt by combining several projects and highlighting blocks from each project to make 1 or 2 quilts; or donate to the local quilt guild or sell some of the projects as 'kits' online. The price of fabric has gone up substantially, you could make a profit!
Blessings,
MaryAnna

QM 01-25-2011 10:49 PM

That's even more than I have!!! Get cracking!!

I am definitely and unashamedly female.

kateyb 01-26-2011 10:00 PM

A good portion of the WIP's I did at my mom's. Every 2 weeks or so I drive 250 miles to spend a couple of weeks or more with her. I take my machine and sew when I can. I get tops done but not the quilting. When I'm home I have so much catching up to do I don't get the quilting done. (Her little table isn't conducive to having space to quilt) A lot of them are tops that are finished.
I've been home since my accident before Thanksgiving and now that I feel better I plan to get some of them done. I'll be home for at least another month. Sooooo....hopefully.
I'll join you all for the Friday night sew. (At least until I can no longer see straight.)

Sadiemae 01-26-2011 10:40 PM

I learned a new term today. Flimsie or Flimsy is a quilt top, not quilted or bound. I have a few of thoses. I don't think I want to count them. LOL