Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   WIP & UFO Challenge, are you game? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wip-ufo-challenge-you-game-t85621.html)

Sadiemae 01-17-2011 06:05 PM

Aren't I lucky? NOT! I finished 3 rag quilts and was so proud of myself. So, what do you suppose I found today??? 4 more that are not finished. (Can two of them just disappear?) The other two are frog fabrics, so they have to be finshed.

On a brighter note, in another tub I found rulers. Now who do suppose would put rulers in a tub of fleece~~couldn't be me. LOL It was wonderful though, one of them was a 10 degree wedge ruler still in the package. There were also the kind with the slits in them. I knew I had these somewhere, but I seldom used them so I didn't look for them. I can't imagine what else I might find...

omak 01-17-2011 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
Aren't I lucky? NOT! I finished 3 rag quilts and was so proud of myself. So, what do you suppose I found today??? 4 more that are not finished. (Can two of them just disappear?) The other two are frog fabrics, so they have to be finshed.

On a brighter note, in another tub I found rulers. Now who do suppose would put rulers in a tub of fleece~~couldn't be me. LOL It was wonderful though, one of them was a 10 degree wedge ruler still in the package. There were also the kind with the slits in them. I knew I had these somewhere, but I seldom used them so I didn't look for them. I can't imagine what else I might find...

OH! How fun! You are going to REALLY like that bigger slotted ruler ... it making cutting strips a BREEZE! <wave>

MaryAnna 01-18-2011 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae

It's Christmas again for Sadiemae! You've got new toys to play with! And a 'high 5' from me for finishing those 3 rag quilts....now onto those 4. You can do something else with the 2 you want to ditch, maybe re-purpose them as placemats? handbags? draft stoppers for the doors? potholders? and the list goes on...nothing wrong with re-purposing a project, or donating to charity.
Blessings,
MaryAnna

MaryAnna 01-18-2011 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
I'm getting ready to start quilting a long term UFO. It was next to the machine the other day when I was quilting that baby quilt and I got to looking at it and noticed that it's already basted. I started hand quilting it and that's why it's a UFO. It's also one that I don't care if it gets cat furry so I can have a quilt on my bed NOW instead of waiting until after she's gone.

Anyway, it's coming off the hand quilting frame and I'm going to quilt it! I had to hunt up something to use for binding on it too. What ever was originally intended for binding on it is long gone but I found something that'll work just fine.

Go get 'em Scissor Queen! That's the spirit! Post pics when you're done!
Blessings,
MaryAnna

MaryAnna 01-18-2011 02:53 PM

Ok All here's an updated list of our members, so far there's 38 of us brave souls:
MaryAnna
S D G
Sadiemae
Cyn
Irishrose
Patty Patches
Sonisew
Patti Sue
Chigger Holler Quilter
leatheflea
Connie_1936
Kyiav10
Scissor Queen
manyana
Miss Purple Shoes
JulieM
michelehuston
CKcowl
Tolelady53
Sewwhat85
jaciqltzok
quiltinghere
kima
sueisallaboutquilts
Shawnemily
midwestqltr
omak
jme
Pdlink
LoveBug
Kateyb
montanajan
zennia
shawnan
IndyQuilter
Jennifer22206
okiepastor
bamamama

How does the last day (or last Friday night) of every month sound for an 'all night PJ party?' Or you can pick a better night, just let me know. we'll quilt away the night in comfort!

Blessings to all,
MaryAnna

Another Update!

MaryAnna 01-18-2011 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by okiepastor
Me, too! I have about 50+ charity quilt tops waiting to be finished, and I think, about 12 to be put together---and 180 blocks to sew together(pieces are cut) and.....beginning this list is too scary....:>)!

A big welcome to okiepastor, sounds like you've found the right thread to join in on! Making your list = achieving your goals. It may be scarey, mine is very scarey, but it helps you stay the course and stay focused. Scratching quilts off your list as you get them done gives us a sense of achievement! I'd start with your quilt tops and get them quilted, or you might light to do 25 tops, then some piecework...it's up to you. You can do this!
Blessings,
MaryAnna

MaryAnna 01-18-2011 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by bamamama
I'm in, only have 2 UFO's but I have so much fabric, I need to make some scrappy quilts and get the stash under control before I even think about buying more fabric.

A big welcome on board to bamamama! You're in the right place at the right time! Get those ufo's done, and part of our challenge is 'not to buy more fabric'. There are exceptions to that rule, namely if you need fabric to complete a ufo/wip. I know I'll need backing/binding on some of my projects. I'll try to 'shop my stash' first. Post pics as you get your ufo's done.
Blessings,
MaryAnna

michelehuston 01-23-2011 06:39 AM

I have a question...I have purchased fabric for a couple of quilts but officially not started them, do they count as wips?

mhansen6 01-23-2011 07:12 AM

I am in sort of. Last weekend I cleaned my sewing room and found a lot of UFO. I told myself that I am not going to start anything new until I get these finished. My problem is that I work full time and I don't always get into the sewing room everyweek. So posting progress reports is going to be difficult. But I will try. Today I am going to finish putting on the binding for a Quilts-For-Kids. Then if I have time finish a bow tucks bag that is 80% done.

jme 01-23-2011 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by michelehuston
I have a question...I have purchased fabric for a couple of quilts but officially not started them, do they count as wips?

yes. Too me it counts if you have the fabric and the idea.