Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Wrap 'em well quilters!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wrap-em-well-quilters-t90426.html)

lclang 01-14-2011 08:29 PM

Ran it through the package smasher didn't they? Makes me wonder how my Christmas packages arrived!

Damsel in DisDress 01-14-2011 08:51 PM

Wow! My mail comes bent and messed up too! Glad she wrapped it!

trueimage 01-14-2011 09:13 PM

No telling what happens behind the scenes. I ordered fabric from ebay on Dec 10 and she sent it out on the 11th. Still hasn't shown up! She's going to refund the money and I told her if it ever shows up, I will repay her. Ugh...I really wanted that fabric too!

cinjosie 01-15-2011 04:31 AM

Friends - I mail a lot of packages ---- you will save yourselves a lot of grief if you don't use paper envelopes like in this post -- they just aren't sturdy enough especially if they get a little damp. Get yourselves some poly (like plastic) mailers - they don't rip and nothing can get wet inside them. Happy mailing!

tmg 01-15-2011 04:34 AM

I have gotten a few packages like that. The only thing the post office did is stamp damaged on it and put it in my mailbox. Oh I have that box and just love it. Enjoy

drdolly 01-15-2011 06:33 AM

I seriously think that they have gorillas in the mail room. I have sent pkgs like the one you receieved and they too either didn't make it to their destinations or they were somewhat destroyed like yours. But Hey, let's keep raising the price of postage.

nativetexan 01-15-2011 06:51 AM

he,he. i have a friend in England and she always sends my xmas gift throughly taped! it takes me forever to get it open, but it gets here in one piece!

ptquilts 01-15-2011 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by cinjosie
Friends - I mail a lot of packages ---- you will save yourselves a lot of grief if you don't use paper envelopes like in this post -- they just aren't sturdy enough especially if they get a little damp. Get yourselves some poly (like plastic) mailers - they don't rip and nothing can get wet inside them. Happy mailing!

i agree - I buy poly mailers by the 1000, but you can get them in smaller quantities. I pay about 7 cents each for them on ebay, you can also get them on Amazon. THey are also self-sealing so you save on tape. I would be afraid to ship a book in a plain kraft envelope.

And BTW, they ALWAYS throw the mail - that is what they call sorting, "Throwing the mail".

IndyQuilter 01-15-2011 07:05 AM

Good lesson in putting things in the mail. I always put the name and address of recipient and sender inside the package, just in case. Glad it came through to you.

Homespun 01-15-2011 07:06 AM

Barb sent me some material and when the package arrived, (It was a postal envelope)the mail carrier hand delivered it and apologized. One corner was very wet. Thank goodness Barb had the material in plastic. I am going to be more careful when I mail out my Paperback Swap books now because of this.