Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Wrap 'em well quilters!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wrap-em-well-quilters-t90426.html)

frugalfabrics 01-15-2011 02:34 PM

ok, I'm in search of poly envelopes...so many choices and such a wide price range...any ideas on a certain brand or a good seller on ebay. PM me if you have info that would be helpful. Thanks

bjnicholson 01-15-2011 02:37 PM

The package of fabric I received from hperttula123 was a priority mail envelope and it was pretty much decimated. The only thing keeping it together was a rubber band! Luckly the fabric was intact. :shock:

frugalfabrics 01-15-2011 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by bjnicholson
The package of fabric I received from hperttula123 was a priority mail envelope and it was pretty much decimated. The only thing keeping it together was a rubber band! Luckly the fabric was intact. :shock:

so, maybe we need to send it in a samsonite suitcase...lol...isn't that gorilla proof.

sik1010 01-15-2011 03:13 PM

Glad you got your package and everything was okay, kinda hard to believe that your book survived after looking at your pictures.

SherriB 01-15-2011 03:28 PM

Another tip I learned from buying/selling here is to tape the recipients name and address to the bag you are putting the item in. That way if the outer packaging gets destroyed, hopefully the extra address will help it get to it's new owner. I usually go overboard when taping a package to send out. But that comes from sending weekly care packages to Iraq when my sister was over there. I learned alot from that.

Rntraveler 01-15-2011 03:39 PM

That is really scary...glad you got it ok..

memereof8 01-15-2011 04:34 PM

I know this is not about fabric, but last year (2009) my husband and I mailed 4 christmas cards to the grandkids, DIL and son. Did they receive them? Of course not. One year later I feel that the cards either were opened up (to this day checks never cashed) or buried in the back yard of the postal person. Not happy with our Post Office. Alway an excuse.

OneMoreQuilt 01-15-2011 04:37 PM

Wow! Amazing it's still in one piece even with her careful packaging.

CarrieAnne 01-15-2011 04:40 PM

Wow, you did a great job packaging it, I cant beleive it help up to all that!

butterflywing 01-15-2011 04:44 PM

a while back i sent a package to france that i thought was well wrapped. i took my chances and didn't insure it, but i did send it 1st class. months later it still hadn't gotten there and i kissed it off. after about a total of 4 months my postal lady showed up with her hands behind her back laughing. she said ' guess what i have for you'. she showed me the package, with the address missing and almost nothing of the return address but the town where i live and the first name, butterflywing. she always teases me about that. the package had gone to france, was undeliverable, came home and went back to my hometown. once there, the postmaster asked if anyone knew who butterflywing was. after my postlady dried her pants, she brought it back to me. if it hadn't said butterflywing, no one would've known where to take it. boy, did i wrap it after that.
the recipient worked really hard to unwrap that package when it finally got there.