Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Wrap 'em well quilters!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wrap-em-well-quilters-t90426.html)

wesing 01-15-2011 09:44 PM

Looks like they sent it through the jungle and let the critters gnaw on it along the way! Glad it got there safe, and thanks for the warning.

Darren

Annz 01-15-2011 10:01 PM

Oh my!! It looks like it went through the washing machine or something.

Crabby Patty 01-15-2011 10:31 PM

Isn't there some way that you can register a complaint to the U.S Postal Officials? They want their postal increases but we as consumers have to put up with crap like this. I think I would do a little checking up on the matter.Good work frugal fabrics. Good luck

sewgarden 01-16-2011 02:01 PM

Sometimes you wonder what they do with the mail. Glad it arrived well.

skydiver70 01-16-2011 02:13 PM

Several years ago, I received a package and the mail carrier (don't have the same one now) shoved the package into my mailbox (how he did that is unknown to us til now). We could not get it out. I called the Postmaster at our local post office and he came out and it took him forever to figure out how to get the package out. (We has left a note with the postmaster to hold the package at th PO and put a card in our box and we would pick it up the next day, but didn't do any good).

We have a really good mail carrier now. She is so good to watch how she puts it in the box. She will even bring it to the door if it's too large to put in the mailbox or if it is raining. She is the sweetest person we have ever had as a carrier.

We always take our packages to the PO and have them hand cancel the package to avoid some damage. I guess they have so much and those machines are hard on things.

RkayD 01-16-2011 02:33 PM

I ordered the Word Play Book from a seller on Amazon and it was also taped well but the pkg was damaged and the book is a little shell shocked. Nothing that can't be fixed by sitting under something to flatten it out but makes you wonder what in the World is going on??

Airwick156 01-16-2011 02:41 PM

When I send something in the mail especially if its got any value at all, is I also include a paper with the sender and receivers address INSIDE the package. I also do put tape over the addresses. I've never gotten any packages in the mail so I don't know how most people package theirs. Glad that the book wasn't damaged. :)

MisDixie 01-16-2011 02:53 PM

OH MY! I am off to the table to tape up the package I had ready for outgoing mail in the morning! Never again shall I laugh at my Mother's over taped packages!

jeanneb52 01-16-2011 03:46 PM

A good book is hard to kill.

frugalfabrics 01-16-2011 03:56 PM

I've got packages set to go out on Tuesday morning...and now I'm a little paranoid about sending them off in the kraft envelope like I always have.

I've ordered poly mailers, but I'm sure they won't be here for at least a week....what to do ... what to do...