Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   you will think i am weird (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-will-think-i-am-weird-t12088.html)

CissyQuilts 10-10-2008 01:08 PM

Well, I don't think you are strange. I HATE to touch cotton balls! It compares to nails on a chalkboard for me. :roll:

nanabirdmo 10-10-2008 01:12 PM

thanks for all the responses. i love hearing about all our different quirks.
i sure won't quit making quilts because i don't like the feel of batting (pretty much any kind), i will just deal and get it covered up asap.

Craftybug 10-10-2008 01:15 PM

No you are not weird. My DIL cousin will pass out if you touch her with a cotton ball. And me, I love my kitties but I don't like them rubbing on me it feel yucky.

Hedgie 10-10-2008 04:19 PM

No you are not weird. I have the same problem. I also don't like to touch it. I feel the same way about cotton in asprin bottles or in anything else.
No you are not weird

auntluc 10-10-2008 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Hedgie
No you are not weird. I have the same problem. I also don't like to touch it. I feel the same way about cotton in asprin bottles or in anything else.
No you are not weird.

Originally Posted by CissyQuilts
Well, I don't think you are strange. I HATE to touch cotton balls! It compares to nails on a chalkboard for me. :roll:

I'm finding out that I'm not as weird as I thought I was....thought it was just me that couldn't stand the cotton squeaking when I touched it.

nanabirdmo 10-10-2008 05:10 PM

well ruth, so far it is every kind of batting. i haven't worked with wool or some of the more exotic types.
don't get me wrong. i work with batting and won't stop. i love the way batting makes a quilt look and feel after it is confined inside the 2 layers of fabric. i just don't care for the way it feels.
hey, i'm tough :!: i can take it :!: :wink:

mamatobugboo 10-10-2008 05:26 PM

for me, it's when my kids lick food off of their clothes - gives me goosebumps and makes my bones shiver to even think about that texture of the tongue against the cotton weave...UGH! :?

joy 10-10-2008 06:08 PM

As a child I couldn't stand the feel of velvet.... fortunately I grew out of it.... have had a couple of lounge suits which have had the feel of velvet and also lounge curtains.... doesn't bother me now that I am older... lets say I have matured..... but I won't eat bananas, and that is another subject !!! Been like that all my life but like banana muffins and banana cake... but only about the last 5 years..... and I am ancient !!!

ddrobins1956 10-10-2008 06:15 PM

My oldest daughter actually turns pale if she has to touch a cotton ball. She always has to have one of her children pull the cotton out of the new bottle of Tylenol. She was very sensitive to touch as a child too. I've never known anyone but her that has that.
I have a phobia also. I haven't been on an escalator since I was a child. Believe me, it's not easy not to use escalators, but even if the elevator is buried way in the back of no where, I will find it and use that instead. I can not put my foot on that moving step. I want to, but I just can't. Weird, eh?

thimblebug6000 10-10-2008 06:30 PM

No problem with battings, although I mostly use the cotton type.....

I can muck around with a bowl of hamburger, no problem.....BUT give me a whole raw chicken or turkey....ggggggggg.......these little pale pink legs & cool clammy flesh....ggaaaggggg......it's like a murder mystery!