Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   you will think i am weird (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-will-think-i-am-weird-t12088.html)

bearisgray 10-10-2008 08:01 PM

it's the turkey neck.

or a whole liver. or tongue. or brains. the stuff my in-laws would use. they did use everything but the moo or squeal.

sewaholic 10-11-2008 01:53 AM

I can't handle metal, or hold keys in my hands. Stainless steel ok. I used to have to put a hankie around the old school case handle. Makes my hands smell really bad.

auntluc 10-11-2008 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
No problem with battings, although I mostly use the cotton type.....

I can muck around with a bowl of hamburger, no problem.....BUT give me a whole raw chicken or turkey....ggggggggg.......these little pale pink legs & cool clammy flesh....ggaaaggggg......it's like a murder mystery!

I'm sorry thimblebug, but I'm sitting here laughing. lol. You do have a way with words....you describe that chicken/turkey so well I can feel it! Not making fun of you......I just had to giggle when I read your post.

bearpaw 10-11-2008 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by ddrobins1956
I have a phobia also. I haven't been on an escalator since I was a child. Believe me, it's not easy not to use escalators, but even if the elevator is buried way in the back of no where, I will find it and use that instead. I can not put my foot on that moving step. I want to, but I just can't. Weird, eh?

Nope, not weird. I feel the same way, but I do get on them. Just takes me a couple of extra seconds. I always hesitate. If I'm wearing heels, forget about it!

I also don't like clowns. To me, they are totally creepy!!

Rose Marie 10-11-2008 10:09 AM

I wont touch a whole fish. And I cannot eat cream soups.
No problem with batting but sure wish it was not so fragile.

Quilter101 10-11-2008 10:52 AM

I'm alright with batting. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. What gets me is the textures of towels, and rough fabrics etc. :roll:
I had an issue with esclators when I was younger, and I still don't like them, so I understand.

Mplsgirl 10-11-2008 11:31 AM

Bearpaw, I don't like clowns either!! Or puppets. It must have come from some old sci-fi movie, or something. My big problem is bridges. They scare me to death! And when the Minneapolis bridge collapsed (where I am from), my problem went to a whole new level. I can tell you where every bridge in this town is, and we live on a river.

bearpaw 10-11-2008 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mplsgirl
Bearpaw, I don't like clowns either!! Or puppets.

Yes!! Worse than puppets are the ventriloquist dummies. They're awful!!!

I saw a movie when I was little where the ventriloquist dummy came to life. Scared the bejeezus out of me!!!

Mplsgirl 10-11-2008 01:07 PM

Right! Do you remember what that movie was? I know what you're talking about! Talk about tramatization!

SazuBMidlands 10-11-2008 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by sewaholic
I can't handle metal, or hold keys in my hands. Stainless steel ok. I used to have to put a hankie around the old school case handle. Makes my hands smell really bad.

I actually understand this one! I feel the same, but try not to show it since everyone would think I was nuts.
But then I also have a phobia of playing pass-the-parcel, so maybe I AM nuts.