Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Are you working outside your comfort zone...I am... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-working-outside-your-comfort-zone-i-am-t204950.html)

carolaug 11-03-2012 03:28 AM

Are you working outside your comfort zone...I am...

2 Attachment(s)
I decided I would do a drunkards path today. I finished one block...I will not say how many times I used my seam ripper or wondered....what the heck was I thinking....curves...Oh well...here I go again. How about you..are you willing to try something outside your comfort zone?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]374039[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]374040[/ATTACH]

grannie cheechee 11-03-2012 03:35 AM

It can be nerve racking learning a new pattern, but once you've done a few blocks you'll relax. Like your colors.

sweetana3 11-03-2012 03:38 AM

I have started a top that has embroidery, applique, yoyos and piecing. I always get to the applique and stall so now I will continue and maybe make it.

I am also working on a Shoji Screen quilt which has diagonal piecing. So far so good.

QuiltnNan 11-03-2012 03:45 AM

when i started my dear janes, i was definitely outside my comfort zone. hope to get back to them soon.
your blocks look great!

woody 11-03-2012 03:49 AM

Oh Yes!!!! I love working outside my comfort zone LOL I never do things by halves, a queen sized bargello was one of my first quilts, I had never done needleturn applique and I am half way through the 36 blocks of the Affairs of the Heart quilt, and now I thought I would give a miniature quilt a go, each 4 1/2" finished block has 76 pieces (yes I must be crazy LOL)
Never let fear hold you back!!!!!!

winia 11-03-2012 04:01 AM

I did a paper pieced double wedding ring bed runner. Way out of my comfort zone. Hand quilted it also. I actually enjoyed doing it because it was outside of my comfort zone. I did it one step at a time. At some point I finally began to see what the finished product would look like.

I did Drunkard's Path place mats. Came out nice. It's a lovely look. You'll love it when it's done.

franc36 11-03-2012 04:38 AM

I'm taking Leah Day's FMQ Craftsy class. That is definitely outside my comfort zone; but I am excited about what I am learning. Your Drunkard's Path looks lovely. I like your first block and the colors you selected. Best wishes as you work on it.

quilts4charity 11-03-2012 05:28 AM

I do like to work outside the normal zone once in a while...makes me use my brain a little more...LOL. Your quilt is going to be awesome...beautiful colors!!!!

Tartan 11-03-2012 05:37 AM

Your layout and finished block looks great. I was sewing a simple snowball block with borders today, how much easier can you get? Well I managed to have to rip it apart twice!

cowgirlquilter 11-03-2012 05:38 AM

Wow I admire you. I have not really tried anything new but really allow it is new when you are in the newbie mode!