Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Are you working outside your comfort zone...I am... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-working-outside-your-comfort-zone-i-am-t204950.html)

carolaug 11-03-2012 10:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
No...I will not stop working on this...if I out it away it will not come out for a long time..I did that to one of my other projects, my only unfinished project....with one block left...its been in the box for a year...I know why I like quick projects cause I can get them done....I have working on thus since 4am....cut the pieces and now sewing them. No too fun...but I do like the looks of it. [ATTACH=CONFIG]374130[/ATTACH]

stillclock 11-03-2012 11:17 AM

i am making something unlike anything i have done before. so far we're cozy, but there are a few new techniques in my vision.

onward ho!

aileen

carolaug 11-03-2012 02:56 PM

What are you making Aileen?? Do tell..

Originally Posted by stillclock (Post 5632136)
i am making something unlike anything i have done before. so far we're cozy, but there are a few new techniques in my vision.

onward ho!

aileen

hperttula123 11-03-2012 04:43 PM

I've done a drunkards path before and it was WAY out of my comfort zone. I just kept going. It wasn't perfect and I didn't fuss with it. The next one I did, I raw edged the smaller pieces onto the larger one so the one layer frayed. I clipped the edges around it and washed it right away. That way was much easier and I love the soft look it gave to it. I just love the fabrics you are using and your quilt will be so worth it after you finish it. It's beautiful so far.

lynnie 11-03-2012 04:48 PM

Its coming out beautiful..and dont worry, as they say...it will quilt out.
i go outside my comfort zone all the time. My dh can attest to that, thats why im gettin french doors on my sewing room.
maybe i should soundproof while at it.

Bneighbor 11-03-2012 04:58 PM

I once belonged to an online quilt club, something like this forum. They had an idea where they had you challenge yourself, do something put of your comfort zone. Very small wall quilts or just a few blocks. My challenge was two fold. I am a "matchy-matchy girl" (in their terminology....everything has to match and coordinate). So I chose 42 four inch squares of the most ugliest fabrics ever created. Then did the drunkards path square...cutting the "pie" and the "crust" from each square of fabric . Putting each half into different bags, shaking them, then pulling a crust and a pie and sewing them together. Two very hard things to do....creating curves from fabric that didn't go together and making it work. I am so proud of how it turned out. It hangs on my dining room wall.
I love the colors you chose. Look forward to seeing the finished product

4EVERquilt 11-03-2012 06:02 PM

oooooh! that's sewww pretty.

Scraplady 11-03-2012 06:05 PM

I enjoy a good challenge. They day I'm too old too learn something new, just put me out to pasture already. Curved piecing is definitely on my quilting bucket list, and hey, that bucket is full to the brim and sloshing over! It's been fun to watch your project coming together.

busy fingers 11-03-2012 07:20 PM

Good on you for trying a new technique. The blocks are looking great.

Pickles 11-03-2012 07:45 PM

Yes my very first quilt ever I did a queen size Kaleidescope and that was really out of my comfort zone!!
Your Blocks are looking great,keep up the good work it will be well worth all the ripping in the end!!!